Friday, January 02, 2009

Debauchery. DeeeeBAUCHeriiiiieeeeee!!!!

You may be asking yourself, "Where is the New Year's Eve party update from Tracey? I adore pictures and stories about her getting totally smashed and falling down! How can she leave us for 3 days without details of drunken merriment and debauchery?"

My apologies, dear ones. My camera was in the van and the van was FREEZING. And then, the batteries were dead from the, well, FROZEN air, so it took a while to upload my photos. But the wait, it is worth it, for my photography skillz are such that you will be calling me for a studio job ASAP. Please, my email is to the right ====>

I digress. (As usual). New Year's 2008!! Whoooot! My sister and her husband threw their annual NY Eve party, even though there was an underground rumor that it had been axed due to poor attendance last year. However, all 3 sisters with overnight sitters and a family friend couple with no kids that night HAD to party somewhere.

Though I normally don't know my limit and end up not embarrassing myself so much as just feeling like absolute death the next day, this particular time? I figured it out: Drink till you're a bit buzzed, then have a SPRITE. Then, another drink a bit later. Then, another SPRITE.

I know. Genius plan. You may feel free to use it, free of charge, the next time you go boozing. But please send the linkage back to me. I could use a few new friends who think I'm cute. (I'm CUUUUTE!!) (I swear, I'm not intoxicated right now.)

I'll give you 1 guess what the drink of choice was on Wednesday night....

Still cute.

Shiny. I liked the reflection of the chandelier...
This is after only a few sips. I told you, I'm a lightweight...
Pretty colors.

Pretty, pretty colors!
Mango, pineapple, something with a "B"...
Couldn't let the green one feel left out, just because it came after the photo shoot...



After a rainbow of alcohol, we had to soak it up with SOMEthing. Bring on the fondue...
You may be wondering if all of those meats and chocolate covered marshmallows made my butt humongous. Patrick felt the need to document its state, post-gorging. And I felt the need, apparently, to share my booty with the world.

Enjoy.
Shake it.



I guess I shook it too hard, for too long. But I DID make it to 2:30. I can still party, damnit.
Drooling on my sister's pillow. Because I CAN.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

i want one or two...or three...of those pretty drinks. yummy.
glad you had so much fun! and if you can't drool on your sisters pillow, whose can you drool on? anyway...
thanks for visiting my blog!!

Kristin said...

Yummy drinks and pretty too! Can't lose with that combo.

Maternal Mirth said...

hee hee ... I must say your drinking plan resembles mine from college (drink / water / drink / water / shot / drink / drink / water / advil)

HAPPY 2009 :)

Anonymous said...

Ohygod you had so much more fun than me, it's ridiculous. I guess I could have posted some pictures of myself in my flannel jammies and monkey slippers. Because that's as glamorous as it got at my house.

Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

Okay, you are the cutest! What yummy looking drinks too. Glad you had fun.

Unknown said...

Absolutely. If you can't drool on your sister's pillow, whose CAN you drool on?

Kathy said...

enjoyed the photos and story. I know what you mean about cold cameras. The pictures I have of my sons homecoming where from my daughters camera as my got to cold and wouldn't work.
Happy New Year!

anymommy said...

Rockstar! Glad you had so much fun.

Gettysburg Mom said...

I can still party like a rock star- as long as rock stars are in bed by 10:30 on New Year's Eve.

Will you be laminating the butt shot for Patrick's wallet?

Kamis Khlopchyk said...

I want a martini now and it's only 11 am!

Looks like terribly great fun!

Mama Smurf said...

Happy New Year!

LOL! Great New Years post!

mamatucci said...

That sounded fun,man i need to find us some friends here.. maybe when it is warmer than -30. Happy New Year!!
Brandee

Allison said...

One Word - YYYYUUUMMM

One Question - Can I come next year?

Tonya said...

your right it was worth the wait. You are too funny!

Leah said...

Oh those drinks look good! Too funny about drooling on your sisters pillow.

CaraBee said...

Looks like a good time was had! I have tried the drink, sprite, drink idea before, but somehow after two or three drinks I begin to think I don't need the sprite and then wake up with a blinding hangover the next day.

Kelli @ writing the waves said...

hahaha...I don't drink, but I do love me some fondue! Looks like a great time. Happy New Year!

Not Your Regular Mini Van Mom said...

Those drinks looked yummy. I didn't party like a rockstar this year...I partied like a mom of twin 6 year olds who have been getting up at 5:45am for the past three weeks. :( Needless to say I enjoyed lots and lots of gingerale lol.

Meg said...

If only I would have known about your slam 'em down/ drink a Sprite trick, my head wouldn't be spinning at the moment!

Looks like a great party!

Anonymous said...

Ha, that's funny! I can't believe you made it til 2:30~! Wow! Love the sleeping one. cute.

Michelle said...

Look at all those colorful drinks! LOL I don't know if I've ever stayed up till 230! Looks like you had a very fun New Years Eve party! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails