Sunday, December 14, 2008

A weird and wacky fact

There isn't any "tea" in Long Island Iced Tea!! It's just lots of different alcohols mixed together with some ice and a splash of Coke to make it look as though that drink you're sipping at the family barbeque is Iced Tea instead of "Crazy alcoholic drink that will get you drunk at that gathering for old friends waaaaaay faster than you planned."

Sounds a bit like false advertising, don't you think?

Good thing all those old friends only remember me being drunk, anyway. Plus, all of that extra alcohol makes me way sexier and funnier than I usually am. Seeing as how I am generally smokin hot and chock full of stand-up-worthy material, you can IMAGINE what a blast I am once intoxicated.

At least I didn't head bang and hit my forehead on the floor this time.

Though I did crack the back of my head on the concrete floor after trying to do a flying leap into an equally inebriated friend who dropped me....

That, my friends, is classy.

17 comments:

Gettysburg Mom said...

I personally blame my one and only experience with Long Island Ice Teas as the reason I fell into the Labor Day Weekend Party bonfire and suffered third degree burns. Woo Hoo! It's been a few years but I still avoid both Long Island Ice Teas and bonfires. Glad to hear you were mostly safe!

Yellow Beads said...

I am doing a giveaway this week on my blog, so please stop by when you get a minute: http://www.anotheronlinemom.blogspot.com/

Tonya said...

you are too funny. I hope your head feels better!

we are reilly said...

oh yes, I remember those 'iced teas' from college -- it sounds so sophisticated to order when you're in college you know -- like you're really ordering some sort of tea-drink! I don't think I could even touch one of those anymore-- way TOO many memories (that I actually remember) while drinking those.....

Kristin said...

I have a few Long Island stories myself!...but I've learned!!! The nice thing about a good LI, is you just have to sip on 1 drink the whole night, rather then having say a few, and having to keep track of your glasses!! Ha-ha!

Allison said...

they sneak up on you pretty quick too!

Anonymous said...

Oooooh yeah. I can't handle them at all. Hope you were ok the next day!

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Sip on ONE? Aha. So, the 2 Rum and Cokes in addition to the 3 or 4 Long Islands might not have been a good choice? Is that what you're telling me, Kristin?

Beck said...

Oh my gosh. I seriously got the drunkest I have ever been on Long Island Iced Tea - I'd been sitting down drinking all night, not thinking too much about it, stood up to go and BAM! There was the floor.

Kamis Khlopchyk said...

It's not tea? Wow, that explains a lot of my past behaviour....

:-)

Sounds like a fun time!

Momma@Live. Laugh. Pull your hair out said...

Hmmm....I might actually like Long Island Ice Teas now that I know there is no ACTUAL Ice Tea in it!

Alex Elliot said...

I remember when I was 12 my mom and I went out to lunch and she ordered one. She had no idea what is was and was very surprised.

the mama bird diaries said...

Alcohol makes me way sexier and funnier too! Cute post.

Anonymous said...

Got any videos of this amazing feat? hee hee

Kristi said...

My college roommate used to drink a LOT of Long Island Iced Teas. The lack of tea explains a lot about her behavior.

And it ain't a party 'til someone smacks her head on concrete!

Skiplovey said...

Oh man that stuff is lethal. I don't think I've had one since college. And that's a good thing.

Tricia said...

I LAUGHED outloud and hard at this post- Thanks!!! I could just picture it...

I used to drink Hawaiian iced teas back in the drunken days- they're made with pineapple juice instead of coke- at least I got some vitamin C!

Related Posts with Thumbnails