Wednesday, November 26, 2008

With gratitude for...

...the stubble on my husband's jawline...

...the rat's nest in Justin's hair....

...the screams of a brawl breaking out upstairs...

...the prospect of 8 children frosting cookies at my table in less than an hour...

...the 5lb bag of potatoes awaiting my preparations for tomorrow...

...the pile of dishes in my sink....

...the randomness of comments on this blog....

... For these unlikely things, I am thankful. They indicate that my family is thriving and active. They tell me that I am necessary for the well-being of 4 other people. This list shows that we have loved ones and friends. That I personally touch people I have never, nor will ever, meet. That we are a part of something bigger than ourselves...

May you celebrate Thanksgiving surrounded by those you love, be it in physical or memory form. May you experience gratitude for what you have, what you've achieved, and who you've been loved by. May you have peace on a day that isn't joyful for everyone. May we all remember those who have suffered so that we may live in such abundance...

~Happy Thanksgiving~

14 comments:

Tonya said...

Happy Thanksgiving my friend!

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your beautiful family!

CaraBee said...

This is lovely! Thank you and happy thanksgiving!

Kristin said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. Am I one of the random commenters you are referring to? Got to stop blogging late at night.

Blessed said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm thankful for many of those same things and so many more than I could ever name... I wrote my Thanksgiving post last week.

Anonymous said...

That was very sweet! Happy Thanksgiving! Gobble Gobble!

Vodka Mom said...

bravo.......

Kamis Khlopchyk said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you! You are needed and bet they are all grateful for you too :-)

Kelli @ writing the waves said...

Great post. We really do have so much to be thankful for. Hope you guys have a fantastic Turkey Day!

the mama bird diaries said...

happy thanksgiving! :)

Allison said...

That was beautiful - Have a great thanksgiving. - I will definately be thinking of all I am thankful for too....

Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you, I sure am thankful for you and this blog.

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family as well.

Kristi said...

Very beautiful post. I couldn't agree more! Happy Turkey Day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails