Wednesday, November 26, 2008

With gratitude for...

...the stubble on my husband's jawline...

...the rat's nest in Justin's hair....

...the screams of a brawl breaking out upstairs...

...the prospect of 8 children frosting cookies at my table in less than an hour...

...the 5lb bag of potatoes awaiting my preparations for tomorrow...

...the pile of dishes in my sink....

...the randomness of comments on this blog....

... For these unlikely things, I am thankful. They indicate that my family is thriving and active. They tell me that I am necessary for the well-being of 4 other people. This list shows that we have loved ones and friends. That I personally touch people I have never, nor will ever, meet. That we are a part of something bigger than ourselves...

May you celebrate Thanksgiving surrounded by those you love, be it in physical or memory form. May you experience gratitude for what you have, what you've achieved, and who you've been loved by. May you have peace on a day that isn't joyful for everyone. May we all remember those who have suffered so that we may live in such abundance...

~Happy Thanksgiving~
Post a Comment
Related Posts with Thumbnails