Friday, November 21, 2008

Responsible? Me?

You know what sucks about being "Responsible?" Not getting to do whatever I want.

Yes. THAT SUCKS. Because what I want to do right now, is blog browse, write a post for Root and Sprout and drink my coffee. But what I am going to do, being so freaking responsible all of a sudden, is finish cleaning the toilets with the CLR I am reviewing and fold even MORE laundry. Yippee freaking skippy...

On the upside, we are headed to the circus tonight! And gas is plummeting even further, making the trip to Chicago practically free.

Speaking of gas, does the dropping gas freak anybody else out? Besides me? Am I the only one who is wringing her hands, wondering when the gas will begin its ascent to the heights it was a few months ago? Is anyone else hoping that those who have been really, REALLY affected by the gas prices of the past year won't overspend this holiday season? That they will remember all of the times they had to dip further into their pockets for money just to GET to work? Will our economy suffer even greater issues due to the debt our nation will incur these next few weeks?

Sigh.

Sometimes being an adult really bites.

But at least nobody is making me eat creamed corn anymore. There's a bonus...
Still makes me shudder... bleeecchhhh.....

15 comments:

Maternal Mirth said...

I actually like creamed corn ... I know. Crazy, right?

Anonymous said...

Creamed corn . . . thanks for triggering my gag reflex! ;-)

Our gas is still over $2.50. At least it's not the $4.09 we were seeing this summer, though.

mamatucci said...

Yes, I am overspending. But This might be the last time for awhile when we are no longer mortgage free anymore. And we are being plain crazy considering to buy one of those gas guzziling SUV's.

On another note I still think cream corn is disguting!

Kat said...

I dislike creamed corn almost as much as I dislike the circus. Sorry. I hate clowns.
But I hope YOU have a good time there. ;)

Gucci Mama said...

Ugh. Creamed corn. I'd rather die, thank you.

Anonymous said...

I admit that I too like creamed cor, although, I haven't had it in years because no one else in the house will even taste it.

I have been scared about the gas as well, I should be feeling greatful, but instead I am just waiting for the day it spikes right back up there.

CaraBee said...

I worry about that, too. Like, now that gas is affordable again, will we forget about our commitment to using less gas and finding more efficient means of transportation. I fear the answer is yes.

Creamed corn is AWFUL! Right up there with Lima Beans and Tongue.

Skiplovey said...

OMG falling gas prices are the only good thing that's happening lately with the stock market absolutely tanking (which is why the price is going so low). I take silver linings whenever I can get them.

Badness Jones said...

I was shocked to see gas under 80 cents (per litre) yesterday....I'd already spent all the fuel savings (in my head, on myself) by the time I got home!

anymommy said...

The creamed corn thing is a bonus. But, responsibility does really suck at times. Oh for the wildly unfettered, guilt free morning. maybe in ten years?

Kristi said...

Gas is way down here, about $2.20, and yeah, it's freaking me out too. Creamed corn = puke-inducing.

MarĂ­a said...

I like creamed corn too. It's all creamy. And corny. Yummy.

OHmommy said...

I have never tried it. Ever. Creamed corn, that is.

Anonymous said...

Too funny!!
I really like creamed corn. Especially in toasted sandwiches ... Yum! :-)

Kelli @ writing the waves said...

It does bite sometimes definitely. And cleaning toilets is probably my least favorite thing to do....

Funny about the creamed corn...I liked it too, but I can see your point. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails