Saturday, November 15, 2008

Broomsticks and raptors and Sneetches! Oh my!

So, the other day my kids and I were at the kitchen table drawing out our dream theme parks. Mine was Harry Potter's World, with Quidditch flying, haunted Shrieking Shack, Hogsmeade food court and The Weasley's petting zoo.Justin's was Animorph world, which, unless you've read the books, you won't understand. Basically, he has lots of coaster rides, and water features with words like "Dolphin Dive" and "Bulwhip Ejection Seat." I know. I am just as lost as you are, but he was totally pumped over the layout.

Evan made a world of dinosaur dangers from Jurassic Park, complete with a roller coaster that "makes you pee" from fear when a t-rex jumps out, to a theater where "girls can go listen to music." Because, apparently, that is what girls like to do...

Corinne made a lovely theme park, reminiscent of Dr. Seuss. Lots of colors and squiggles... What a mess THAT would be to construct!

You can imagine how THRILLED I was when I was browsing the net today (actually, today is Friday but I am posting this as a delayed post because Nablopomo is KILLING me on the weekends!!) and saw that Universal Studios Islands of Adventure has not only the Dr. Seuss section and Jurassic Park section, but is also building a Harry Potter park within a park!! I KNOW!! Our future Orlando visits will NOT be all Disney themed, anymore!! (Though Corinne will LOVE the Pixie Hollow area they just built!!) I am going to search the other Universal sites to see what else I've been missing out on. I still adore Disney, but the boys are getting older and I want to accommodate the whole family, you know?

The sad thing is, I don't think I'll tell the boys about this, just yet. We aren't planning on a Florida trip till Summer of 2010, and that will be a LONG time of hearing about how excited they are... My nerves can't take it.

So, tell me, what other secret stuff have I somehow overlooked in the hotspot that is Florida? There's so much to do there, but only so much time in one vacation!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOW cute! That whomping willow gives me the willies! lol and I'm not sure the ejection seat would be safe for people with back issues, lol, but man, how cute and creative!
Have you ever seen the game for the computer where you can create your own theme park? Its VERY cool (my kids have it). You create it and run it.

Gettysburg Mom said...

We're all about SeaWorld in Orlando. Paying for one day and yet getting to go back another day on the same ticket is the best feature for us. We were able to cruise the park at a relaxed pace... when the kids wanted to play on the playground, we were all good with it.

My parents took my brother and me to Universal Studios in California when we were kids... and it was one of the best parts of the entire trip. Lots and lots and lots of fun.

Kristin said...

I live about 30 minutes from Orlando. Universal is a great park. During Christmas they have The Grinch Who Stole Christmas and the boys love it.

CaraBee said...

I am so excited to visit Universal Studios when my daughter is a little older and can enjoy the trip. I never went to Disneyland or World when I was a kid and I've always felt there was a part missing in me. My daughter will not grow up with that hole. :) I'm a huge Harry Potter fan, too, so YAY!

Melissa said...

I've never been to Florida...
I love your pictures! You guys are so creative. What a fun way to spend an afternoon with the kids!

Related Posts with Thumbnails