Tuesday, October 28, 2008

You feel that? It's the sunshine....

Ahhh.... am able to breathe. Did I need to purge every negative thought and feeling? Did I simply need to pour all of the little things that had been bothering me out? To empty myself and start with a fresh canvas?

Perhaps.

I can't believe that there isn't a woman out there that doesn't go through a day or two, every now and then, when the world around her is simply too much. I had TOO many things to think about, to do, to wipe off, to throw out, to sign, to comfort, to discipline.... A temporary crash of my hard drive, I guess.

Thankfully, the sun is shining outside and I am able to appreciate its warmth. As a result of yesterday's personal hurricane, Patrick and I had many many productive emails. We have made some changes. We had a Family Meeting. The kids now have defined chores. (with an allowance! We'll see how that one works...) I have scheduled a Vietnam Vets pick-up soon, to take more of our clutter and free my space from "things to worry about."

I must say, you all are fabulous. I read every single comment. I know what it is to take the time to comment on someone's blog, and I know that I don't always feel like (or have time for) patting someone's shoulder (figuratively speaking) when I'm reading blogs. So, Thank You. You all made me feel much better!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last chance to sign up for the Circus giveaway!

20 comments:

pita-woman said...

Glad you're feeling better.
Yep, we all have "blue" moments or just pissy-attitude days from time to time for no apparent reasons.
That's one of the reasons I keep a separate, no-readers-invited blog, so I can vent about anything or anyone I want and nobody is the wiser, yet it makes me feel better, just having beaten the keys on the keyboard. ;)

Anonymous said...

So glad you are feeling better!
I agree, every woman has days like that, and those who say they don't are lying.

Anonymous said...

SO glad you are feeling better!

Kat said...

Yay! I'm so glad you are feeling better. :)

Gucci Mama said...

I know I definitely have those days! Glad to hear things are looking up!

WheresMyAngels said...

I really need to make a chart for my girls on cleaning and an allowance.

Anonymous said...

Ahh, good post. It's very nice too when you have a supportive husband. I hope you feel better soon. We've all been there. Sometimes it's not long. Sometimes it is. Just one of those sucky motherhood times.

We're all here for ya whenever ya need to vent.

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

It's nice to see you conquering that and reminding myself I can too!

CaraBee said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better. That's what this whole blogging this is all about, right? You vent, we support.

Unknown said...

I'm glad to hear you're feeling better.

Damselfly said...

"A temporary crash of my hard drive." That's a clever -- and true -- way of putting it. And you're right, it happens to everyone. Glad things are looking up today.

Kristin said...

Hey thanks for stopping by! Glad you're getting through your "funk"...I too have had my share!

Anonymous said...

Glad today is a better day. I definitely go through those days myself!

the mama bird diaries said...

There is nothing like sunshine to make things better. So glad you are feeling better.

anymommy said...

I'm behind and reading these together, but...fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, you're so not alone. There's so much I could say, but you're right, sometimes you just need to stop no matter how fast things are going around you... You have to. I did recently and although I saw everything building up and spilling over, I determined to just stop and let the other stuff work it's way out... Glad you're better.

Gettysburg Mom said...

I'm sorry I wasn't there with a cheer-up sort of comment for you. We all have those days. Or weeks. I can usually tell when I've been a bit grouchier than usual- Rich schedules a girls' night out for me without asking. I always take it as a sign he thinks I'm about to start auctioning children off on e-bay or somesuch. Glad the sun is shining for you again!

Tonya said...

yay for chores! glad you are feeling better.

Kristi said...

You are completely entitled to a mental collapse every once and awhile. I schedule one at least once a week, and now with post-partnum hormones sinking in, it's more like once an hour.

VERY glad to hear you're feeling better.

Beck said...

I'm so glad you're feeling happier, Tracey. I know that I go through a rough time for a few days every month - and figuring out what's really bothering you can be a HELPFUL thing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails