Saturday, October 11, 2008

Slacker Mom's Guide....

I'm on my third child now and I've come to realize that a lot the pressures we place upon ourselves is unnecessary. I've seen the frantic look in other mother's eyes when meeting a new toddler and realizing that her own daughter is barely recognizing the shapes on the hundreds of "Educational" toys scattered about her home while this OTHER toddler is able to recite her letters, numbers and sing in Spanish. Her breath will catch. Her brows will crinkle, ever-so-slightly, as she tries to hide her own worry. Wondering where she went wrong... Not enough "quality time?" Not enough exposure to the arts and culture?!?

Continue reading....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Bean has always done things in her own time, which I think is mostly related to her early birth. I've finally learned to let it go, because she'll get there when she's ready.

tz said...

oh my gosh that was funny! I'm a total slacker mom and I only have two...good thing I didn't have a third...

amy said...

LOL, so glad to find your blog!
As a mom to three, I thinking slacker mom is the only way to fly!

Related Posts with Thumbnails