Thursday, September 11, 2008

On tippy tippy toes we go...

Have you ever taken your toddler to a kiddie class, only to watch another child have the time of their life while your own kid bit their lip and watched from the sidelines? Have you ever wondered at WHO this kid is? This kid of yours that NORMALLY runs like a maniac and dances and sings and entertains the whole world, but is crying and begging to go home....

Yeah. I've been there. Justin was always the toddler on the sidelines, waiting until the VERY LAST MINUTE to warm up to the class, only to cry unconsolably as the class was ending and we had to go home. Evan was a little more adventurous. Usually by the 2nd or 3rd class, he'd be all gung ho and ready to participate, but still somewhat reserved in comparison to his personality at home.

Corinne, however.... Well. Let's just look at the evidence from today's first pre-ballet class, shall we?
Warming up our legs and arms...
Giving first position and a couple of pliee's a shot...
Sticking our toes in the water... Use your imagination.
Galloping across the room with leaps over the red dot...

I'm not sure which of us had more fun! She was eager, energetic and charming. She smiled and repeated the French words, shouting out "I'm Corinne!" during the introduction song. She led the group across the room for each new exercise and applauded for the other girls as they each took their turns. Really? I had so much pride in this sweet, brilliant, beautiful child that I felt I might burst!

As the class ended and she got her hand stamp, she shouted "Thank you! Goodbye!" to the teacher and skipped up the stairs with me, exclaiming over how much she loves being a big girl and what fun she'd had....

Boasting? A bit, but mostly? I'm mostly trying to capture the joy I felt for a full half an hour over the joy that my child was feeling...



14 comments:

Type (little) a aka Michele said...

Super cute!

Unknown said...

Oh.My!!! Seriously sweet!

Hannah said...

Oh wow, that is so cute!! Looks like she has no fear - good on her!

Beck said...

That was SUCH a joyous, joyous post.

CaraBee said...

Oh my goodness, she is too cute! Do they have recitals?

Christina said...

Oh, the cuteness! She really is a fearless child, isn't she?

Looks like a cool class, too - are parents involved or do they just hang back?

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

It's geared as a Mommy and Me ballet, but really the parents were just there for moral support as the kids were so young.

I HOPE they have a recital! I doubt it, though... Maybe the next session.

anymommy said...

It's so much fun to see them enjoy something so much! Beautiful.

Kristi said...

I see a Clara role in her future!

Susan (5 Minutes For Mom) said...

Just like you, I LOVE the ballet classes!!!

Watching our children have so much fun is the best reward.

And about shy toddlers... I know exactly what you mean. My Julia is completely like that. But she does much better in highly organized classes with teachers keeping all the children under control. She loves circle time!

So ballet and preschool are perfect for her because everyone is calm, orderly and listening to the teacher.

Julia loves teachers! LOL

Kelli @ writing the waves said...

Awwww...how AWESOME! I've been teaching children's dance for a LONG time and have had so many little ones who take a few weeks to warm up and then some that jump right in and have a blast. I'm glad she had so much fun. :)

Kim said...

How wonderful that she had so much fun. I'm hoping to go watch one of
The Bean's classes this year since she just started. She loved it too.

http://ispeakbeanish.wordpress.com

carrie said...

That is so cute it should be illegal!

Michelle said...

she looks like she's been doing that for years! :) So glad she is enjoying it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails