Saturday, August 16, 2008

Why?

Corinne - Mommy, Why is the bubble juice all empty?

Tracey - Because you used it all up making bubbles.

C - Why I used it all up?

T - Because you were having fun.

C - Oh. Why I was having fun?

T - Enough!

~:~:~

Corinne - Mommy, who is on the phone?

Tracey - Daddy.

C - Is he gonna be home soon?

T - Yes. Soon.

C - Oh. Why is he gonna be home soon?

T - Because that's when his car will get here.

pause...

C - Why is that when his car gets here?

T - ENOUGH!!

~:~:~

Corinne - Is that a spicy burger, Mommy?

Tracey - Yes. Would you like some?

C - Ok. Yummy! Why is it spicy?

T - Because it has jalapenos in it.

C - Why it has jalapenos in it?

T - ENOUUUUUUGGGGHH!!!!!

~:~:~

Is it any wonder that I'm on my second glass of wine? They have 20 minutes and they are in BED.

No matter how many kids I have, the "why" phase is definitely one of the most infuriating!!

10 comments:

Melissa said...

My oldest does this to annoy me at times... my response?
Why not?
But when it's a little one... that's so hard to just sit there and answer question after question! I wish you the best of luck :)

anymommy said...

I am just coming into this. Already driving me crazy. Also, repeating every thing I say, only a bajillion decibels louder. We will survive. With wine.

Gucci Mama said...

Remind me again why I'm teaching my son to speak? ;)

Hannah said...

Ah yes, the lovely "why" phase. So funny to look back on though - so hang in there!

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Stephanie - duct tape. Very useful for curbing those speaking tendencies and for keeping them in the same location when you have to use the facilities.

Sheryl said...

Hee Hee! It's so much fun when they are learning to speak and they never stop!

Mum-me said...

When my son was a toddler he would ask questions like "Why is the chair, mum?"

I'd say "Why is the chair WHAT! Why is it there? Why is it brown? Why is it a chair? WHAT DO YOU MEAN?"

He'd calmly answer, "Just why?"

Lynsey said...

Why are you on your second glass of wine?
Kidding! That phase IS frustrating....I remember when my little brother went through it. And my parents were the typical "Because I SAID SO" people.

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Mum-me - EXACTLY. I love that question: Just why?

Unknown said...

LOL! Don't I know it!

Oh, the incessant talking and asking and wondering . . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails