Thursday, July 24, 2008

So, today we will be leaving the Chula Vista waterpark resort in Wisconsin Dells and heading to one of our favorite campsites (I'll tell you where when we're leaving. I don't need any stalkers visitng our tent, thankyouverymuch!). I'm sure I am exhausted and wondering what the HELL I was thinking, agreeing to TWO vacations in one week, but with gas at about $4.30 in our area, two 3-hour trips in one summer didn't sound very frugal.

Some of my best summertime memories have been made with my sister and her family, all camping together. The kids will be filthy from the dirt that gets stuck onto their sunscreen, bug spray and leftover marshmallow goo that didn't get wiped off (it's hard to see goo in the dark, you know!) We will undoubtedly go on a hike that will make me get the choke (gotta read Stinky...) as I compare the silhouettes of my children and nieces to those of last year's. I will, as always, scramble to retain as many tidbits as I can and yet, they will continue to slip through my fingers. The camping memories will simply become one big lump of "remember when's" with one year blurring into the next....

So, think of me lying in a tent with my offspring surrounding me and a rock under my shoulder. I will be breathing the night air and peering at the stars through the rooftop flap...

4 comments:

Don Mills Diva said...

I love camping - have a wonderful time!

Hannah said...

Have FUN! Camping is awesome!

Kristi said...

I am not a camping girl, but I love the "idea" of camping. Hope you're having fun!

Bryan said...

sounds like a great trip

Related Posts with Thumbnails