Friday, July 11, 2008

See that lady in the corner, rocking back and forth?

AYYIIIEEEE!!!

I am literally shocked that you all can't hear me screaming with joy. It is with great pleasure that I will announce that I am BACK ONLINE!! What's that, you say? You didn't even realize I was missing? Brat.

My computer is extremely grumpy with me. So grumpy, in fact, that I have been without internet access for 2 days. TWO DAYS, people. Forcing me to be off of the computer without warning and adequate preparation is NOT a joking matter. Sadly, I am only online briefly for the weekend, as I am using my husband's laptop from work. He is gone this weekend at Blottopia and I refused to be without my one vice while taking care of our kids all alone YET AGAIN.

You know what? I am not so sure I want a laptop, after all... this whole funky finger mouse thing and the keys being flat and all... I guess you'd get used to it, but I have made far too many typos and lost a whole chunk of this post already!! (which, by the way, was the funniest, quirkiest chunk of a post you ever would have read...)

I am off to see if I can manage to check my email and a few other blogs without going crazy from all of the differences! Holy crap, I JUST DELETED ANOTHER CHUNK!! Thankfully, that chunk wasn't so funny or interesting, but it's the principle!!

So, if I don't comment for a few days (or weeks! gag...) just know that I am missing you all TREMENDOUSLY and am in a serious funk because of it. Blogging is my only adult pastime!!

I am SO getting a new computer and letting the kids have the old one. NO ONE will touch my new computer but ME.

10 comments:

Hannah said...

Ahhh, computer withdrawal ... the very worst kind!! You are lucky that you even had an alternative in your hubby's laptop, though. Last time my computer went to the shop for 3 days, I had NOTHING.

Melissa said...

I would love to have a kid computer and a me computer... especially since I caught Little Bug downloading something the other day... nice eh?
Hope you get everything fixed soon!

Alex Elliot said...

My internet was out for 24 hours a couple weeks ago and I really missed it! I do have to say that I love my laptop.

Gucci Mama said...

I get the shakes if I'm away from my computer too long. I finally got tired of sharing with my husband (not a fan of "sharing" at all) and bought myself a laptop. It took some getting used to, but I like it now for two reasons. 1. I can take it anywhere...which usually means between the kitchen counter and the back patio, and 2. James keeps his meat hooks off. It's a good arrangement.

Tonya said...

I'm glad you get to use the laptop this weekend. I almost always use my desk top over the laptop. I did notice you were gone but I thought maybe you were just busy with the kids :)

Laski said...

TWO DAYS!!! What?! Days? Weeks? WHAT???

You can always get a lap top and the plug and play mouse (don't have to use the touch pad)?!?!

What will you do? I guess it is summer . . . and you do have kids . . . and there is a library. Ugh. Just not the same :)

We will patiently await your return :)

tz said...

hi there, first time visitor, great blog, loved the post with the pic of you and your child as a baby...I'm one of those moms who feels wistful at times because my kids are older...

as far as computer issues...my goodness I've had my share and now my phone line is acting up...it's like all of my ways to contact the rest of the world are malfunctioning...I may actually have to go out and talk to my neighbors or something...

seriously, nothing more aggrevating and I so want a laptop myself!

Mum-me said...

Blogging is my only adult pastime too!

You have an 'award' waiting for you on my blog, so come over and have a look when you get yourself reliably back online.

http://ouraussiehalf-dozen.blogspot.com/2008/07/doubly-honoured_12.html

Kristi said...

Computer withdrawl is the worst. But if you're in the market, I say get a laptop. It's portable! You can blog from anywhere in your house (assuming you have a wireless connection).

Gal on the Go said...

I've been there - it's not fun at all! One thing on the laptop issue though. I had a terrible time with the mouse and then my better half bought me a wireless one for my laptop so it's like using a desktop. Best thing ever!

Related Posts with Thumbnails