Saturday, April 19, 2008

Rock on, party people

How many married women can say that they went out with TWO gorgeous younger men on the same night? Oh, and that her husband knew about it and was gung-ho? My dates,

Aren't they cute? It was the Mother Son dance last night, and the boys and I had a lovely time. Evan is a dancing MANIAC! He and I did just about every dance, except when we were heading to the snack table for McD's orange drink and Chips Ahoy... Yummy. The school spares no expense, you know? He did the Chicken dance, Thriller, and lots of 50's rock songs. (oh, apparently it was a sock hop, but I missed that bit of information... oops.) Justin danced a few dances, but mostly ran around the gym with his buddies. I did manage to wrangle him to my side for a few forced moments of Mother/son love, but he did it while rolling his eyes (and smiling). I totally made sure to embarrass him as much as possible, especially since he wouldn't dance with me too much.

I was cool for a few minutes, though! I was the FIRST mom to get in line for the limbo contest. Yup. In a skirt. I did pretty good, too, until my boy-chest managed to hit the bar, somehow. Probably the first time in my life that my boobs have gotten in the way...

All in all, it was a nice night. Very hot gym, lots of loud music, but the boys and I had a good time, and I held back the tears as I watched them standing together in the hall, just chatting with each other... My boys. I breathed in that lovely elementary school smell and recalled my own school experiences. This night is definitely a keeper in my mind.

15 comments:

mamatucci said...

that looked like so much fun!

Tonya said...

How sweet! What memories you created :)

Kamis Khlopchyk said...

How fun!

:-)

Amy said...

Sounds like you had yourself a great time. =)

Beth from the Funny Farm said...

How darling!!! I want to do that!

Hannah said...

Oh wow, how much fun is that!! I can't wait to take both my boys on a date to a school dance :-)
Go YOU on the limbo!!

LaughterThoughts said...

that's really sweet! it sounds like it was a really great time- i'm glad you've got those neat pictures... which you're actually in! i take most all the pictures, so i'm rarely in any of the snapshot memories. :)

Kristi said...

Aww... so cute! It sounds like you all had so much fun.

Dana said...

That looks like fun! We don't have anything like that here....I wish we did. Could you imagine how MY night would go with SO many boys?!? I think it's awesome that they do something like that for moms and their boys. I love the pics. Too cool. I agree wholeheartedly with laughterthoughts that it's great to see that you are IN the pics. I too, am the main picture taker here.

Jamie said...

So cute! We never had anything like that growing up.. not that my parents would have gone anyway :)

Your boys are so lucky, you're a fun mama.

Anonymous said...

That is the sweetest thing ever! I remember going to many a Daddy/daughter dances as a girl, happy to see the same fun is in store for X and I!!!

Laski said...

That looks like so much fun!!! What awesome memories you'll have. I hope I get that opportunity with J!

Alex Elliot said...

That sounds like so much fun! I hope they have those types of dances out here.

Debbie said...

What fun! And how fortunate you are that they put on events like that.

My Dad & I always go to an annual Father-Daughter dinner at the professional club we belong to. I would LOVE to find some Mother-Son activities for me & the boys in the future.

Don Mills Diva said...

That looks like such a sweet time! I have never had two such cute dates in my whole life...

Related Posts with Thumbnails