Saturday, April 12, 2008

Junior Prom...

I saw this theme on Don Mills Diva and decided to jump on the band wagon, especially as I'm feeling a bit empty-headed lately...

Prom. Ah, prom. Fancy dresses, hair in an up-do, and a wrist corsage in the RIGHT color were really important back then... I always had fun at my school dances. I LOVE to dance, (though it has come to my attention that I dance exactly like my mother... which is neither a good/bad thing, but it's a bit disconcerting, you know?) and always go wild and crazy on the dance floor. (Speaking of which, if any of you need a person to start the dancing at a wedding or something, my husband and I are always up for a good party! We get crazy and dance all types... Though he was a bit hesitant about the Latin music at the last one...)

I digress!! (shocking, I know)

Here we have Tracey, circa 1993. Beside me was my boyfriend (not my husband!) of a long time. We dated off and on for a year or so, and always got along really well.

The dress was and is my favorite dress of all time. Fit perfectly, made me bustier and thinner (like I needed to be thinner back then...) and made me look older than my years... (funny how that isn't a requirement anymore...)
I had these really cool, TALL pointy heels that had about 6 straps criss-crossing over themselves, and my mom had made hairpins with little red roses that I tucked into my French twisted hair.

Here's a question: Why did the guy wear the garter on his arm? I don't get it, nor do I remember why it was not only cool, but NECESSARY, or ohmygod what would we do?

Here's a list of other people doing the theme, much better than I did, but still.

Sweetney, Her Bad Mother, Girl's Gone Child, Breed Em And Weep, Oh The Joys, Mamalogues, Whoorl, Mrs Flinger, Assertagirl, Don Mills Diva Just Another Mommy Blog

Please join in and then copy the list for the end of your own post, adding your own name, too!

(I hope those links work!)

4 comments:

Tonya said...

That is too funny to read because today my sister-in-law called me to meet her at the mall she is dress shopping for her junior prom for high school! She is 10 years younger than my hubby she was a surprise baby, and total bonus :)

Kamis Khlopchyk said...

That is a nice dress Tracey, how come you manage to not look all 1993 but classic instead?

Good on you!

:-)

Alison said...

I didn't have a prom since I went to a teeny-tiny private school. I went to one with a boyfriend, but there aren't any pictures of that (probably all for the best!)

I think one of my friends had that dress, and I always liked it! Also, I wore my hair in a French twist whenever I was dressed up. Fancy!

Kristi said...

Ahh, prom. I had so much fun at the proms I attended. I must say that you looked WAY better than I did at my proms. I wore a white prom dress-WHITE-to all three of the proms I went to. What in the hell was I thinking?

Related Posts with Thumbnails