Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Gladys lives here

Ah yes. The excitement of my life! I get to watch my new neighbors moving into the home behind us and speculate, over my cup of perpetually reheated coffee, if they have boys and how many. I would assume, in a 5 bedroom home (Mucho jealousy here), that they would have at least 2 kids. Plus, the yard is enormous with a great swingset. Either way, it's nice to have a neighbor in a house that's been vacant for 6 months. Yaaayyyy for the housing market....

Sip, sip on the cup of joe...

Just listening to my boys play yet another game on the Xbox and Corinne searching through the bowl of snack mix for the pretzels and Chex bites....

So. It's day 3 of spring break (I don't count the weekends...) and I'd say we've done a good amount of stuff during a crappy weather week.

In no particular order, we have:
made cute piggy tails...

played Dragonology... (great game!)


Eaten dozens of fruit kabobs... it's true: everything tastes better on a stick.

And colored eggs for Easter, though nobody has eaten any of them... which is a brilliant waste of perfectly good eggs, no?

Oh! The sky cleared and the wind has slowed. It's sunny out for a few minutes so we're bundling up and heading out. Later dudes.

8 comments:

Beck said...

Now I want some more coffee. And hooray! My kids have already had their March break and now they're rested up and cheerfully back to school.

kimmy said...

Looks like you had fun! We colored eggs this weekend too and the kids had a blast!

Kimmy

Tonya said...

I feel like my kids break is going to fast. I made two dozen eggs for dying and there are only 3 left in my fridge. We made egg salad with some of them, deviled eggs with some, and the kids just ate them. It sounds like you guys are having a great break. Corrine's piggy tails are super cute!

Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

oh my goodness, you son looks just like you, he is gorgeous! And your girly is just the cutest with those pigtails!

Kristi said...

Sounds like a fun week so far. I hope Isabella's hair grows thick enough to put into pigtails someday. And we have the same egg-dyeing kit!

Mom24 said...

That's it! We are coloring eggs today for sure! OK, we're a little late, but that's par for the course around here, unfortunately. You would think that by now my kids would accept it and stop whining about it!

The piggy tails are too cute. One of my favorite pictures from my DD is her first official pig tails. Time goes too fast.

Not Your Regular Mini Van Mom said...

Looks like you are filling your time well:) Spring break was earlier in March for us, we went skiing and swimming and were generally exhausted by the end of the break. Have fun with yours :)

Miche said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! That is a really great idea to add another closet in there! The space we are going to put the bathroom in is HUGE, so I wanted a really nice garden tub, shower, etc, but I had not thought about adding a closet-perfect! Great idea! We hope to have it done by next summer, since we are doing most of the work ourselves, so keep a look out for pictures of your closet addition!

Related Posts with Thumbnails