Sunday, November 25, 2007

Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes...

I was just sitting at my family room window, watching the large, lumpy flakes falling from the heavens. Absolutely breathtaking. It's amazing to me that a collection of water molecules at a certain temperature can be so beautiful, so magical, so quiet... Then I take into account the sheer number of snowflakes that have fallen to Earth every day, for millions and millions of years, and I am completely bowled over. Nature is incredible...

~~~~

We spent a brisk day at the zoo, today. The kids were remarkably well-behaved, (trying not to sound surprised, but, well, they're kids!) and the animals were out to enjoy the last days of moderate cold before the freezing weather kicks in. I think we stayed next to the Alaskan Brown Bear for almost 20 minutes, watching him eat the fishes' heads and then the bodies. Pretty spectacular, especially since the exhibit has a glass window that lets you be within a foot of him.


Corinne ran around most of the day and the stroller was basically a bag and drink carrier. What am I going to do with all of our stuff when we no longer have a baby to justify the stroller?!? CARRY my crap?? I don't think so...


Tomorrow, the school week begins again. Joy... Schedules. Alarm clocks. Packing lunch. Good times...


Last year's sledding excursions... eagerly awaiting this year's!


Post a Comment
Related Posts with Thumbnails