Saturday, November 17, 2007

Hi, diddle, diddle, dey, dey, dey...

I just had to document my sweet moment, so that it wasn't lost in the vast swirl of memories...

Rocking Corinne to bed, she wasn't exactly exhausted, but I was SO hungry as I hadn't had dinner yet. I really wanted to hurry up and get her down, but she was being so silly and kept asking for "one more song, Mommy!" Every time I sang the bluebird song (old girl scout song. Very simple and silly) she would absolutely lose it. Hysterical. She was giggling so hard, her eyes were squinted shut and she was shaking in my arms.

I just stopped singing, looked down at her precious face, and began to cry... silently. I began to sing again (shakily) and realized that the dinner could wait, but this moment would pass. I wanted so desperately to just keep on making her giggle. To keep on feeling the lovely weight of her body in my arms, the squeak of the rocking chair, and the smell of her freshly washed hair.

Writing this down is the best I can do. I hope that when I read this again, I can nod and smile, and remember this beautiful moment....
Post a Comment
Related Posts with Thumbnails