Thursday, August 09, 2007

My dad.

Me at 10 months with my Dad... Isn't that such a typically sweet photo? And don't you just love that couch?? My dad tries so hard. He had a very rough childhood and has spent years recovering from trauma and injuries from Vietnam(shrapnel to the chest, malaria, and cancer when I was a child that can't be dismissed from Agent Orange). Stuff that I've never heard him talk about, but know still hurts him. When I think of where he's come from, I'm amazed at how "normal" he actually was and is.


And it's pictures like this one that make me see how much he treasured us, and was thrilled to have his own family to love. Life hasn't always been perfect or even easy, but I know that he loves me and my sisters without qualifications, and would do anything for us and our families.

6 comments:

Type (little) a aka Michele said...

I can see such pride in his face in that wedding picture. Your dad sounds like a nice man.

Beck said...

So many men have to work through such awful stuff pretty much entirely on their own. Your dad looks like a good man.

Michelle said...

what a great tribute to your dad!

Anonymous said...

Oh what great pictures! How sweet with his snuggled up with you when you were a babe!

Melissa said...

What a great post!! Aren't Dad's amazing?

Jen said...

you made me cry. I'm so happy for you that you are able to love and cherish your dad.....hugs to you and him,

Related Posts with Thumbnails