Monday, May 14, 2007

Need to get the spring back in my step. Things ARE good, even if Justin's temper can explode like a volcanic eruption one minute, and be normal and oblivious to his outburst the next. I need to see a counselor. Or SOMEONE. Someone to help me realize that it's not MY FAULT that this kid has anger issues. Or is it?

I videotaped him and Patrick talking for a few minutes the other day. Tried to get a snatch of what it's like, trying to talk him down from a tirade.

What's concerning me, is also how this is affecting my other children. How Evan can be a great kid - happy and giving, willing to do what he needs to do to help out - but when Justin's around, he morphs into mini-anger boy.

Hope my hormones get in check soon. It's too nice out to be grumpy. Not that I AM grumpy, just... here. You know? Just. Here.

Gotta clean.

9 comments:

Elle*Bee said...

The videotape is a good start. Might I also suggest a mini-journal - dates/times/durations of his 'tirades', what seemingly set him off (which may *not* be the actual issue)? My friend did this with her daughter and it was very helpful to the counselor in pinpointing the particular triggers and also providing pointers in how to diffuse the situation. My heart goes out to you and you and yours are in my prayers.

Jen said...

hugs....we've been there and are still struggling. Wish I had some magic trick to share with you....the best I can do is sympathize and understand how hard it is......

Jamie said...

Hugs for you Tracey.

Anonymous said...

I think a couselor would definatley help him with his anger, or at least help you guys to understand him, like you said. It can't be easy. I'm dealing with a 10 year old and her hormonal outbursts, tears everywhere. Ugh.

Unknown said...

Just found your blog..Praying for you

Melissa said...

I don't think there's anything wrong with seeing a professional. They will have ideas on how you and he can manage the outbursts. Hugs!

Ruby said...

I'm so sorry.

Sending you hugs.

Anonymous said...

thank you for the comment. really.

Tricia said...

Been there... Hang tight.

Related Posts with Thumbnails