Sunday, April 22, 2007

It's not easy being green...

Actually, it's not been too hard to make the changes, gradually. And in honor of being better to the Earth, "greener" as they call it, I have just spent some moola on gDiapers. (thanks a lot to PB&J Mommy!) I really hope they work out well. They are a bit more than the generics we usually buy, but I can't honestly say that we don't spend money in stupider ways (um, McDonald's, fancy coffees, candy at the movies) so I couldn't use that as a cop-out. The clincher for me, is that they aren't cloth diapers. No washing poop for me! Just flush 'em. No problem. Crossing my fingers that they are as good as they claim. But why don't they have plain old white diapers?!? I don't always want my kid in colors. Patterns show through white pants, you know.... :)

Spent the day outside at a birthday party (Justin threw a fit and had to be taken home early, Evan pooped his pants-yes, he's 5- and Corinne was an angel even without her nap!). Planted some strawberries and Pat and Justin bought some flowers to plant out back. Got the van cleaned this weekend (YAY!) and I am no longer embarrassed by my vehicle.

Gotta get to bed and watch my recorded shows! Desperate Housewives, Extreme Home Makeover, and Brothers and Sisters. Oh, DVR... how I love thee!

6 comments:

Ruby said...

Busy weekend.

Enjoy your shows.

Sheryl said...

What did we do without DVR? It's my fav!! Here's a tip- I still throw away the poopy gdiapers. it's easier than flushing and they biodegrade MUCH faster than disposables. It's up to you though.

Elle*Bee said...

I wish I would've heard about gdiapers when my kids were babies. I attempted the cloth diapers, but I caved. :-(

Michelle said...

I've never heard of those diapers before - sounds interesting - let us know how they work out for you! I wonder if they're as easy to use as they seem to be?

Brothers & Sisters was a repeat last night darn it!

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Yes, do let us know how the diapers work :) Sorry about the 5 yr old and poop (been there and I'm sure I'll be there again). My car got cleaned too. Yay! No more need to be embarrassed, unless someone looks inside that is.
I'm with Michelle. I was bummed because Brothers and Sisters was a repeat :(

ALI said...

hey let me know how those diaps work out for you, i have a two year old still in them and a new baby coming in sept, maybe this is something we could do too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails