Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Day 1 of Spring Break.

Not surprisingly, I am BUSY with 3 kids instead of 2. I just wanted to say that yesterday, I had the BRILLIANT idea of seizing the gorgeous day and going to the zoo. BRILLIANT!!!


About a gazillion other families had the same brilliant idea and the zoo was the most crowded I have EVER seen it. Seriously, there were cars parked on the grass medians!!

Crazy. Packed in like sardines. The lines for just a drink were at least 30-60 minutes. Needless to say, we just made do with the snacks I had brought, saw a few animals, and ate at BurgerKing.

I will say, I had the most wonderful adrenaline scare on the way home. Nothing like slamming on your brakes in time, only to see the car behind you swerving and screeching to a halt inches behind your vanload of children. I was saying, quite calmly and quietly actually, "Ooookay. Take it easy. Everything's alll right..." And the boys hadn't a clue.

It's amazing how quickly your "bad day" can become a good one.

Justin's first words as he woke up this morning?

"Connor's coming over for a sleepover tonight!" Think he's just a little bit excited? :)
Post a Comment
Related Posts with Thumbnails