Friday, January 05, 2007

Day one

Day one of Strattera for Justin starts tonight. I am a bundle of nerves... I hope that he swallows them without any hassle. I hope that they WORK and that he can express himself without rage, that he can control his hot/cold temper and that he can sit still and participate in class like everybody else!

PLEASE, let this be the answer for him, God!! PLEASE don't make us go through years of searching, and counselling and questioning ourselves. I know what I have. I appreciate it all. I reallllly don't need to be tested, thanks.

---
On a different note, Evan and I made puppets out of lunch bags today! The 3 pigs and a couple of wolves (cuz 1 isn't enough, apparently), Little Red Riding Hood (who will use the other wolf), and A mouse, a Bear and a Red Ripe Strawberry. I feel bad that he and I don't do these crafty things more often. Justin and I had all of the time in the world when HE was 3 and 4... Sigh. Poor middle child...
---

I have been reading way too many new blogs lately! It's an addiction, I know. I actually had to walk away from the computer yesterday as I started to sit down, so that I could go to bed early. Pathetic.


Hoping for good things for my baby boy...

Edited to add: It is now 8:21. Justin FINALLY took his pill. We started trying at 6:00. Yes. 2 full hours of screaming, hysterical crying, furious rage, "It's not FAIR!", and on and on before he finally caved in.

He tried to get it down 2 times by swallowing it. Nothing doin. I then broke it up into a shot glass with a bit of water which he swallowed easily and chased with root beer. No shudders of disgust, so it must not have been THAT bad.

I told him great job and hopefully he won't put up this much fuss tomorrow night, to which he promptly said that there was NO WAY he was ever doing THAT again. Ahhhh... my life is grand, right now.

I have to now get directions to judge a speech meet for tomorrow and then try and find something suitable to wear, lay out everyone's clothes for tomorrow cuz we're going to a Christmas party (sigh), and I think a glass of wine is in order again. This kid's gonna make me an alcoholic.

9 comments:

Nicole said...

That's funny because I feel the same way about blogging. I MADE myself go to bed the other night without checking on it. It IS fun, but it really IS a fine line between blogging for fun and blogging because you are addicted.

I am hoping that the Strattera works for Justin. I know that has been hard.

And to answer your question. I wouldn't go as far as to say famous - AT ALL!! So the answer is not really. Sorry.

Away2me said...

Here are some good thoughts heading your way for your little boy. I hope everything works for him!

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

testing... Jaymi can't post a reply...

Jen said...

Ah, Tracey, I know you know that we have been there. The meds Charles is on for depression have made a HUGE difference. Not sure how long you have till you notice a change, took a few days for us and then a bit longer till we noticed a BIG change.

Now we just hae to deal with the defiance that flares on occasion....but he IS 13......

Good luck, will be thinking of yoU!!!

Mall Worker said...

I'm totally the same way with blogging. It really is addicting!

Tricia said...

Strattera- we do that at our house- beware the nausea factor. Although our guy takes it in the morning- we find it to be more effective for him that way. Initially, we told him he could drink it down with chocolate milk or follow it with a huge bite of ice cream. He now takes it with whatever, thank goodness.

The other trick that worked really well for us, was giving him the " you don't have to take it if you don't want to- that's fine, but it also means you can't participate in the other stuff that is happening in our lives (like playdates, going to the movies...) - cuz it is your responsibility now to do this- kinda like going to school".

Good luck with it!

Tricia said...

ooops... forgot to mention- Thanks for stopping by!

Laura said...

Tracey,
Thank you so much for your comment on my blog. It was really, really nice :)
It's nice to "meet" ya!

andria said...

Maybe once the pills become routine it won't be so bad. Can they make it in liquid form at all? I feel your pain because mine won't even look at any kind of medicine, I hope it gets better and works wonders for him.

Related Posts with Thumbnails