Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Clutter!

Ahhhh!! The post-Christmas clutter problem. Where to put new things? Where to put old stuff? What should we get rid of? Why is there so much packaging to every little toy?

I know I am so lucky to be able to be aggravated by these small problems. I have 3 healthy children and enough money and family to give them too many presents. BUT. The tiny little twisty ties on the back of tiny little plastic pieces? I mean, come ON. Ridiculous.

We had a decent Christmas, even with the kids all being at different stages of sick. Corinne had a fever and runny nose, but got along happily enough. She is, however, on a nursing strike (which is making me quite uncomfortable and having to pump for the first time in I don't KNOW when). She bit me quite hard on Christmas morning, causing me to scream very loudly, which scared her. So, every time she gets ready to nurse, she starts to cry. Sigh... I soooo do not want to end my last nursing experience and end hers with a situation like that. So, I continue to offer and hope.

Evan was happy as a clam until about 6 pm, sitting at my parents' house. He practically fell asleep at the table! And when we walked him to the couch, he passed out! Poor baby wouldn't even wake up to open presents with everyone! Later on, he did wake up and I let him open them up then, but it was pretty pathetic, with Evan sleeping on the couch while everyone else yelled and threw paper and had chaos.

Justin, well. He didn't ask for any specific things this year, and he's getting a bit older, so his presents aren't as big or cutsey as the littler kids. He didn't act rudely (very much) but he was definitely not impressed on Christmas night. Also, he wasn't feeling himself, coughing and even had a small throw up episode after dinner (yay).

Today, we have been doing Moon Sand (cool), Shake and Go Raceway (cool), a kitchen set, movies, a new video game, Flarp (omg, so funny. Farting putty), Lego sets, and a spy set. Everything is very very nice. I must say, the kids got some really great presents and a big variety this year.

I got tickets from Patrick to see the King and I in January at a dinner theater! Very awesome! Also, a smoothie maker, a BIG coffee cup (yay!), clothes, and some new perfume. I was so surprised by the tickets (he even set up the babysitter for the day!!) that the rest is all just gravy.

I hope you all had nice Christmases! I plan on eating leftover lasagna and drinking my new gourmet coffee in my big mug while getting over the lovely cold the kids are sharing with me.

7 comments:

Stina said...

Oh, God... those stupid little twisty tie things that no one can undo? And those dumb plastic bits?!?!?!! While the toy may be safe for toddlers, the packaging is not and it take forever to open a gift and when you have an anxious toddler shouting at you... Well, you know.

Someone needs to invent a better way of packing children's toys!

Merry Christmas!

Jen said...

Keep wire cutters handy to just snip those darn little ties!!!! THankfully we are down to one and half kids with those kinds of packages.....Landon and a little David.

Glad you had a nice Christmas!!!! Can't wait to see pics, you always have great pics to post!!

Jamie said...

So glad your Christmas went pretty smoothly. Sounds like the kids got some good loot!
I second the gripe about toy packaging.. I will admit that while trying to open everything I used many many words that my husband deemed inappropriate for Christmas :)

Michelle said...

I know what you mean about figuring out where everything is going to go now! Sorry everyone had their moments of being sick, but sounds like overall you had a nice Christmas!

Life With All Boys said...

Oh my gosh, I know. Those toy companies go a bit over board. My husband has this tool thingy that we use to cut thru the twist tie. But it took us many years to figure out it would work.

Hope everyone feels better soon and the nursing strike ends!!!

Nikki said...

Sick must be the status quo... Ward's on antibiotics, Wes was at the doctor yesterday and I'm miserable today. I guess it's just something about the holidays this year...

Nicole said...

My youngest Jude(2) hasn't felt the best since Sat. He is slowly getting over it though. It sounds like ya'll had some of it there too.

We came home from having Christmas at my brother's house and cleaned out a bunch of toys AND clothes so that we are not so crammed packed everywhere.

PS. I got here from Flip Flop!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails