Sunday, October 22, 2006

100th post!

Ooohh!! My 100th post. I guess I absolutely HAVE to do the 100 things now, right? I can feel you all forcing me to, so here goes, in random brain-flow order:

1. I am a Mom of 3 kids. EEK!!
2. But I am sooooo not that dorky mom I see in the mirror on occasion.
3. I am still the cool, free-spirited, easy-going girl who would never scream and shout at her babies.
4. Not.
5. I love to read anything I can.
6. I haven't had much time for it lately, but that seems to be because the books I've started haven't held my interest past the 10th chapter.
7. I have way too many toy guns in my house.
8. I never thought I'd have ANY toy guns in my house, but there you have it.
9. My sons have made guns out of Tinker Toys, Lincoln Logs, sticks, croquet mallets, and a bazooka/flame thrower out of a lawn mower attachment.
10. My baby girl can make the sound "p-erqrccch" when holding a gun. I am so proud.
11. I have 2 sisters.
12. I am in the middle.
13. Both of them have been at-home moms with me for different periods of time.
14. My younger sister is home with her 9 month old daughter and we talk for at least an hour a day. Ok, maybe 2 or 3...
15. But it's the only way I get anything cleaned!
16. Not that I care about cleaning, persay...
17, Cuz my house is a mess and our yard is too.
18. In fact, I introduced myself to our new neighbors yesterday as "the ones with the messy yard."
19. But YAY cuz she's an at-home mom too!
20. I am still breastfeeding my 1 year old.
21. No, I don't know when we'll be done.
22. But my second son decided that at his first birthday party, he was too old for nursing and quit cold turkey. :(
23. Many a tear was shed over that...
24. I still regret that I only nursed my first son for 5 months.
25. I quit cuz I was working and was tired and didn't have support.
26. In fact, I remember calling the 411 operator when he was 6 weeks old and weeping while asking her if she had any listings for a mom's group or ANYTHING.
27. She was quite confused and said repeatedly that without a name or number,s he couldn't help me.
28. Thank God for the Internet!
29. I know more about dinosaurs now than I ever planned on knowing.
30. In fact, I think the whole reason that Jurassic Park didn't succeed is that they were mixing dinosaurs from different periods and different continents! I mean come on! A Spinosaurous and A T-Rex didn't exist together for a reason!
31. I'm sure you all really care about that.
32. I am a recovering grammar and spelling addict.
33. Yes, I used to write and call people and get really REALLY upset when they would forget commas and misspell words or use the wrong "there, their or they're." Notice how I have gotten better about that in my blog?
34. I sometimes don't fix the grammatical errors on PURPOSE.
35. Take that 8th grade English teacher.
36. I used to want to be an English teacher.
37. Now, I'm just glad to be a mom.
38. When my monsters are older, I'm thinking of being a preschool teacher.
39. Lots of little kids to play with and take care of.
40. Plus the hours are much better than an elementary teacher!
41. I have been married for 9 years!
42. That doesn't sound long enough as we've been together for almost 12.
43. Patrick used to be my boss...
44. at a telemarketing company!
45. Yes, I am a former telemarketer.
46. But I sucked at it and only sold maybe 1 or 2 things.
47. But Patrick made my former boss keep me on cuz he liked me.
48. That's how I got my accounts payable/receivable and payroll and accounting jumpstart - they moved me to a different position.
49. And I flourished!
50. Of course, I suck at paying my OWN bills on time...
51. I tested very very high on my IQ tests.
52. Yes, that is a bit of bragging but I tend to think of it when I see how quickly my first son picks up math, reading, and music.
53. He has a genetically superior brain.
54. Of course, he also has my ferocious temper and some really wicked tantrums.
55. Maybe that's from his father's side, though...
56. Maybe not. Patrick is Mr. Calm.
57. Holy crap, I have 43 more things to write!
58. Um, I used to like to garden, but now it's just a hassle.
59. I'm hoping that when my schedule with the kids leaves me more free time, I'll be able to do it again.
60. I'm sure our neighbors are hoping the same thing.
61. Cuz I'm really good at growing thistle weeds.
62. I am of the belief that dirty hands and fingers are not a bad thing.
63. In fact, people that are continually washing their kids hands (especially before they eat) amuse me a bit.
64. I mean, you can't tell me that that kid hasn't put their hands in their mouth several times before sitting down to eat their food.
65. I also used to like to cook a lot.
66. Again, I'm hoping I find more time for that as the kids' schedules allow.
67. I'm sure Patrick does, too.
68. Patrick and I lived together for 2 years before we married.
69. I think it is a very good idea for most people.
70. We got all of the bad habits out in the open before agreeing that we wanted to live together forever.
71. No ugly surprises the first year of marriage!
72. Although, I did find out that I did NOT Marry Mr. Fix-It.
73. Nor did he marry Suzy Homemaker.
74. I also used to love all animals.
75. Now, I tolerate them.
76. Pets are ok, but they take up an awful lot of time and I just don't get the enjoyment out of them that I used to.
77. I'm thinking that when the kids grow up and leave, we'll get a dog.
78. I'll need someone to take care of and dote on.
79. But NOT TILL THEN!!!
80. We have 2 cats. They are 10 and 11.
81. Is it wrong that I try and figure out how many years are left till they die?
82. They pee on everything and chew on plastic which makes them puke on everything.
83. Don't you just want to come and visit MY house, now?
84. I believe in lots of things, God being one of them.
85. I also believe in fate and chance, reincarnation and new souls, life on other planets, magic (to some extent!), evolution, and that there have been many MANY prophets throughout the human existence.
86. I believe that whatever works for YOU is the way God intended it.
87. I do not believe that God intends for us to have wars in his name, though.
88. I believe that I was SUPPOSED to meet and love the people that are in my life.
89. Life is too short for grudges and wars and ignorance.
90. Life is too precious to take for granted.
91. But I still do stupid shit that makes me shake my head and hang it in shame over the waste of energy and precious time.
92. I am still in awe that my kids will think back to their childhoods and think of ME the way that I thought/think of my own mom. Crazy.
93. I haven't lost a close relative or friend in a long long time.
94. That is scary to write down... what if I'm tempting fate? But I'm grateful. My heart aches with the knowledge that I WILL lose them. It WILL happen. But I am always trying to make peace with mortality...
95. I am 30 years old.
96. I soooo do not feel like an adult yet!
97. I don't think I ever will.
98. But there is a freedom in getting older. I am more comfortable in myself. More willing to stop planning so much and live in the moment.
99. My favorite season is fall! But it is REALLY cold this fall, which makes me not love it quite so much...
100. How to end how to end?!? I truly love a lot about my life. What I don't like, well, I live with until I can change it. It works for me.

I gotta go take Evan to preschool! I'll update on the birthday parties this weekend later on, but it went well and I hope the pics turn out!

11 comments:

Jamie said...

Wow! Happy 100!
Very anxious to hear about the parties!

kelly jeanie said...

Happy hundredth post! Smarty. :) I do so want to come visit despite the stuff coming from both ends of your cats so your sons can show mine how to make guns from Tinker Toys. And so we can talk about commas and apostrophes. Did you read "Eats, Shoots & Leaves"? Oh wait, #6. I haven't either but I hear it's funny.

Lisa said...

Happy 100th. Yeay YOU!

Thanks for stopping by. Where in Illinois are you? I grew up in Southern Illinois, in a small town an hour from St. Louis (that's why I ask!)

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Congrats! I am superbly impressed that you came up with 100 things to say. I'm also impressed that I read them all despite blinking blearily at the computer all the while. But it was interesting and I didn't want to stop!

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Oh Lisa, Lisa... You surely must be a sicko old man wearing boxer shorts out to get me, right? :)
I am outside of Chicago.

Kimberly - I am honored. Get some sleep now.

ALI said...

happy 100-i have no idea how many posts i have up! how did you know how many? now i'm gonna have to go count when my son isn't closing the laptop while i type!

Jen said...

Happy 100........is that mandatory or something to do the 100 list????.....I'm not sure I can think that hard when I get to 100......which I would be at if I hadn't started my blog all over.....oh well, more time to think, right????

Michelle said...

great list! and congrats on the 100 posts! I didn't even notice when I was at 100 so I never got around to doing this! Not sure I could come up with 100 interesting things about myself though :)

ALI said...

tracey- just had to add, loved the mr. olsen post-halfway through it i realized you weren't talking about a pet...on my other blog i am almost at 50 posts, maybe i'll do a 50 things?http://rnmom.spaces.live.com
todays post is the same in both places..yeah i cheat...

Mike said...

Congratulations.

Love numbers 34, 35, 36 and 37. But your baby girl holding a toy gun is simply perfect.

Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com/

Unknown said...

Love it! I see what you mean about the flow. Thanks for the inspiration! :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails