Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Ramble on.... Sing my song.... doo doo doo doo dee doo dee doo...

Well, Barb said exactly what I have always thought, so if anyone ever wonders why they aren't on my sidebars, she states it perfectly. (that, and the fact that I couldn't figure it out and then just said "screw it." and put the names of people I read in my private favorites list)

So, regular stuff lately. Had a fish fry. Lots of people. Ended up with 2 holes in the boys' screen window (little darlings were shoving Batman out the screen in new holes. Sweet, eh? MY boys have never done that. Oh no. It was the influence and persuasion of random child... But I digress), exploded pop cans in the backyard when the 2 culprits also shook up pop cans and beat them with baseball bats (sigh, boys) and managed to get the house cleaned (2 out of 3 bathrooms and everyone's bedroom but mine. MIRACLE). Oh, and lots of yummy leftover fresh Walleye and Northern from Pat's fishing trip this month.

Got to talk to Justin's teacher yesterday. Have I mentioned before that I LOVE this man? He is so mellow. So easygoing but not a pushover. High standards, but cool.

Yeah. Cool. That's the description that fits best.

This man took 40 minutes out of his afternoon to talk to me and Justin and help Justin organize his messy desk and discuss ways to curb his craziness in class. I still think that part of Justin's distraction problem is that he's academically WAY past some of the stuff they teach, but he DOES need to learn how to socialize with kids his own age. Oh, and spelling. Eesh. His spelling makes me cringe.

Anyway. I'm hopeful...

Let's see... Corinne is now 11 months old! And I need to get the invitations going for her party.

OH! I have a huge chunk of cash (Ka-CHING!) and I am off to Christmas shop tomorrow!!! I love it when I can get a jump start on the holidays so I can just enjoy shopping for a few things during the rush. I went online today and wrote out some ideas and the prices at a few spots so I can go in with more knowledge than EVER before. (breaking arm patting myself on the back for being so ingenious... shut up. I know it's old news for most.)

I have ALMOST learned the 3 songs that Justin is working on for his piano lesson. It's getting tougher to keep up with him...

Evan is in dire need of a haircut. This will require Patrick taking the other two out of the house and I will need a stiff drink cuz the kid HATES haircuts. No kidding, I have been scratched, kicked, bruised and PEED ON by this child. He is petrified of the clippers and his hair does NOT do well with scissors. Plus, they take too long for a child who hates it to begin with... I am getting all tense just anticipating it...

On to happier stuff!!

Corinne licked me today! What a joy that was! I think it's her way of kissing me. Yay. I actually HAD makeup on that spot, but oh well. Luckily, this was BEFORE she was sucking on Evan's toes. Patrick was kicking himself that we didn't have our video camera yet for that one. blackmail, and all...

Well, my eye is tearing up now cuz I just rubbed it with my fingers that obviously still have the IcyHot residue left on them. I had to rub down Patrick's neck from a crick and now I need a washcloth myself...

Rambling...

2 comments:

Barb said...

Thank you, Tracey. I can tell by the comment you left me that you've had the right attitude about this all along. Good for you!
I'm hoping my post will prevent others from getting in over their heads like I did. Have to keep it all in perspective.....

Michelle said...

sounds like the fish fry was fun :)

Hope you had fun Christmas shopping!

Related Posts with Thumbnails