Friday, July 28, 2006

Boys.

Ok. So apparently, all I needed to get out of my mini-funk was telling Evan the stories of the days that he and his brother and sister were born.

He thinks that it's hilarious (his word) that the first thing I said after having Justin was "He's nice. Can I have a sandwich?" And I'm talking rip-roaring funny, apparently.

After I finished tucking him in, Justin told me he finished reading his book and could I please put it away for him? (He's on the top bunk). Sure. What book, you ask, is my 7 year old finished reading??? MOBY DICK. Yes. The whale. The peg-leg. The whole saga. My husband's aunt had bought him a collection of classics for Christmas, and he'd just started them. He's onto Treasure Island next. I am just flabbergasted... I said,
"WOW! I am so impressed! Your second grade teacher will ask everyone if they read any books, and you can say Moby Dick. He/She'll think you're kidding!"
Then, I said to Evan,
"And when you start pre-school in the fall, what will you tell YOUR teacher you did over the summer?"

.
.
.
"Pick my boogers."

(much laughing followed me as I shook my head, walking out of their room)

.
.
.
Boys.
Post a Comment
Related Posts with Thumbnails