Tuesday, June 27, 2006

In a nutshell...

My week in a nutshell:

Oldest baby lost his top tooth.
Youngest baby got her first tooth.
Got called "Bad mommy!" about 287 times by middle baby.
Yelled.
Laughed.
Got rained on.
Got sunburned.
Went to a fair.
Went on a date with hubby.
Got blisters on 5 toes on said date.
Got busy with hubby on said date. (heh heh...)


Overall, pretty decent week. We plan on taking a short weekend trip this Friday that I'll update about later on. I'm currently trying to figure out how to get my emails opened as I can't even get to it!!! Talk about going crazy!! Try being unwillingly disconnected from cyberspace for a week!! I felt totally weird. I kept walking past the computer monitor in the "office" (our dining room that has our office set up in it) and looking to it for comfort, for company... Sad, isn't it? I realized that I depend too much on cyberspace for friendship. So I need to figure out how to get back to the real world. Not that I'm online all that much, really. Just that I disconnect from the real world when on here. So I think I'll try to only post and read and do my emails etc, during the night hours, after they're all asleep.

Yeah, right. Ok, ok. I'll just TRY to do it LESS during the daytime and when I HAVE to check out something, it'll truly be a quickie. ;)
---------------------

Hey - How much trouble would I get into if I tied my 4 year old up for the remainder of the year??? Just till he turns 5 or until he grows out of this horrific new stage he's going through (i.e. the stage where everyone else is mean and awful and he is apparently manic/depressive as the mood strikes him). I SWEAR I'd still feed and clean him up occasionally.

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

We have all been called the "bad mommy"....at two my girl lets me know it when I'm less then the best mom ever. No candy? Bad mommy! Can't stay up late? Bad Mommy!! Can't play with knives? Bad Mommy!

Jen said...

Just use duct tape and tape him to a chair. Make sure he has clothes on though so the tape doesn't hurt when you cut him out. And make sure to DENY it to everyone.....no way, uh-huh we were just joking, never would I do that......you know???

Oh, and keep the tape handy for when he hits 12.....ugh...

Michelle said...

What did you do on your date that you got 5 blisters?! Ouch!

Have a nice getaway weekend!

Overwhelmed! said...

Sounds like a busy week!

Sorry to hear that your son called you a "bad mommy." And to think, we encourage them to talk when they're toddlers! :)

Overwhelmed! said...

Oh, would you be so kind as to send me your email address to adoptive_mom_1@yahoo.com so that I can respond properly to your comments on my blog? Thanks!

andria said...

I am so relieved that the manic/depressive thing isn't exclusive to my kid. I was starting to think he caught the crazy from my MIL.

Mine's been five for about 3 months and he is getting better, but we still experience it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails