Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Back from the hospital...

We all went to wish him luck and give him love tonight. My boys, of course, got too rowdy but that's not unusual. They always act their worst when I need them to act their best...

He looked scared. Rightfully so. The details of the operation don't sound very fun. It is a good thing that he went in BEFORE he had a heart attack and when he was in the best condition he's been in in over a decade and that he's at one of the top cardio hospitals around with one of the best leading doctors. But still... the thought of someone cutting open my family isn't one that I treasure.

This whole experience is making me realize that I love him as a brother now, not just a brother-in-law.

I'm heading over to my sister's tomorrow (after dropping Justin at day camp) to pick up the girls for the day and they'll then spend the night. My younger sister and her baby will come over sometime to wait it out and help take care of the crew. So I'd appreciate any prayers you might have for not only a swift and easy surgery for my bil but also mounds of patience for me and lots of good behavior from the 5 kids...

I'm off to "baby-proof" the house a bit. Yeah right. Laura will find a way over, under, into and around anything I can come up with but it's worth a shot.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Keeping your whole family in my prayers as they go through the next few days. Definitely praying for patience for you with the 5 kiddos!

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Thanks, Michelle. I'm eating a big sundae now to try and not think about it. It's not helping... Tomorrow will be one loooong day.

andria said...

Good luck tomorrow with everything.

Related Posts with Thumbnails