Saturday, May 06, 2006

Talents

The talents you acquire as a mother:

The ability to type a blog with 1 hand while holding a raspberry-blowing baby in the other.
The ability to not shower for 2 days and not smell "too bad."
Being able to decipher a 4 year old's rendition of Star Wars
The ability to NOT scream bloody murder when hearing yet ANOTHER tale of woe from one brother about another...
Nursing a baby while making dinner while talking on the phone while negotiating an argument over a toy while putting away the dishes while planning for the weekend while drinking the same cup of coffee that's been reheated 5 times in 1 day.....

It's been quite a busy day today, to put it mildly.

We spent a beautiful day at the park. P (hubby) did some fishing while I walked around with baby C on the Maya sling and watching the older 2, J and E, on the playground. GORGEOUS out. I managed to NOT freak out when the water snake was closer to me than I thought (what a nice mom I am), I managed to NOT shriek at J (7 years old) when he yelled at me over a trivial thing and marched him over to the picnic table to sit down and think about how he REAAAALLLLY does NOT want to talk to his mother that way. We are off to my sister's house tonight for some bbq and ice cream and to play with their kids as well.

I am trying to figure out how it is that OTHER people have such interesting blogs and mine seems so trivial! I guess I need to give myself some time to find my groove. But, as it is right now, I hear a diaper being filled (tmi) so I must go!

I wonder when/if I'll ever have anyone reading MY blog??? I SWEAR, I AM interesting. It just may take a while to prove it!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails