Thursday, September 04, 2014

7 Long Ass Days

I've been walking around the house, feeling disjointed and incomplete. Patrick and Corinne have been off on a grand adventure together since last Friday and I could not be more happy for them. I also couldn't be more muddled and out-of-sorts if I tried. Ever watch "The Jerk"? Remember the scene when Steve Martin* is talking about how time feels different, now that he's been with Bernadette Peters for 4 weeks and 3 days?



I keep replaying that in mind.

It's only been 7 days since they left, but it honestly feels like 3 weeks and 3 days.

The first day seemed like 5 days, and the second day was a Saturday, and I was sick, so it only seemed like 3 days, but the next day was a Sunday, and that felt like 4 days. Monday was Labor day, and it didn't feel like anything other than a day, but Tuesday.... Yeah, you kinda get where I'm going with this, right?

I'm not fully certifiable (yet). I'm just living without 2 of my best friends and I don't know what to do about it.

It's good that it's raining; I can stay in my pajamas and drink coffee by the window and no one will randomly stop by to notice that I'm braless and unbathed.


*The only celebrity crush I'll admit to.**
**Besides Jimmy Fallon.***
***And Amy Pohler. I obviously have a thing for comedians that started on SNL.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails