Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Quotes from the Back Seat

"Mommy, how did plants evolve? Was it like people? Did we evolve from plants?"
~
Me: "Gosh, you just get prettier every day, Corinne."
Her: "That's cuz I look like you, Mommy."
~
"Mommy! The bean fields look like a sunset!" (They do. They really do.)
~
"Hey, guess what the weather will be in Washington this week! And now guess what it will be in New York. And now guess what it will be like in Colombia." I ask, "The country or the city?" and the response is: "Just Colombia, Mommy. THE Colombia." (Clearly).
~
Me to Evan: "Wow, kiddo! Your hair is CRAZY! You really need a haircut."

In the smoothest voice a 11-year old can possibly muster, he indignantly protects his cow-licked mop of hair with his hands and proclaims, "No way, Mom! This is my money-maker."
~


*It should be noted that most of these quotes were not ACTUALLY from the back seat as I always forget the things they say by the time I actually get to a piece of paper or computer and pffft! Just like THAT: it's gone. Instead, I've been following them around the house which is why some of the quotes imply that I am looking at them, which would be hard if they were in the back seat. Annnnnd scene.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails