Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Like Kindergarten! Only With More Drugs and Facial Hair!

It's been one of those days, you know? Some questionable health news about our kitten which sort of makes me want to throw up with worry; a 10 year old who was more than a little bit stubborn about dividing his fractions during math and whether or not the "e" was dropped when the word "trade" became "traded"; and having to prep myself to walk into the high school for my eldest's high school orientation.

It's kind of like the first day of kindergarten. Only worse, because we've been through this whole scene before and it wasn't such a thrill the first time. I had considered keeping my reggae tam and ratty hair with tear-streaked make-up so that I could be all "WHAT?!?" to any parent or administrator who gave a sidelong glance when I said we homeschool, but I decided that this was just a wee bit immature and, perhaps, setting my son up for a poor experience. Instead, I have a moderately clean shirt on with brushed hair and fresh make up. I even reapplied deodorant.

That's going all out, folks. All. Out.

Deep Breaths are going to be required. Mock me all you want, but this is going against everything I have fallen in love with in these past 4 years of freedom. I feel like I am being forced back into a box full of windows again...


Here's a puppy and kitten love-fest picture to distract us all....
Post a Comment
Related Posts with Thumbnails