Saturday, September 11, 2010

10 hours, give or take...

I am so scatter-brained. I have so much to write about, but can't quite focus on one topic. All I can focus on is seeing these guys again...
My God, I miss them!

They're currently driving out of Minnesota and into Wisconsin as I type this. After a little break at Grandpa's cottage in N. Wis, they'll head home and arrive back here sometime tonight. I can't wait to hear about the fish that got away and see the ones that weren't so fortunate. I wonder what Patrick meant on the phone when he said they had a "Man vs. Wild" experience... I hope I don't find too many ticks on Evan when we do a check tonight before bathtime.

I missed so much about them both. It's hard to put into words, but the ones that fit are these: every moment that they were away, I felt as though I had misplaced something. I had a lovely week, but many sleepless nights. Half of my family was extremely far away, and it's very disconcerting to be rearranged like that. It's so odd to have things happen that I can't convey to Patrick. Good and Bad, they have already passed and they don't need to be discussed as much anymore...

I dread when they become adults and move away. Good Lord. I can't even go there right now. Right now, I am just focusing on the fact that my 8 year old will be home after 9 days of being absent and I need to hug him and kiss him and squeeze him into a box so that he can't leave again for a long, long time...

3 comments:

Hannah said...

That's a long road trip, I can understand why you miss them so much!! Rob is going on Ethan's school camp this week and they will only be gone 3 days, but I'm going to miss them heaps! I bet your boys are having a fabulous time and making VERY special memories that will last a lifetime!

Kamis Khlopchyk said...

Wow, 9 days! I couldn't do it! I missed my guys when we were away for only 4 days.

I be they lots of fun, and hopefully the man vs wild story has more bark than bite! Yikes!

Joy said...

I am so happy for you that they are now (as I am reading this) home. I miss mine like crazy, too, when they (or I) am gone. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails