Saturday, August 28, 2010

This is me, asking Fate...

I keep waiting for the change in our income to be reflected in our wallets and bank accounts. Sadly, it's still extremely tight around here, just with a much brighter projected future on the horizon. I know that the bills WILL be paid and soon, but it seems as though we're still taking 2 steps backward with every paycheck from Pat's new job.

Have I mentioned my woes with my refrigerator? It has been temperamental again and I fear that we will need a new one soon. As in, this week, soon. And I began to ponder how long we could survive using a cooler and pantry items, because THAT kind of cash isn't available, nor will it be for quite some time. Fate needs to LET UP on the problems. Just for a few months, please? Just a few months with no appliances fizzling out, cars stalling on roads in the boondocks, kids going to the E.R. or unusual expenses being thrust upon us. Just a FEW MONTHS to let us get the people paid off that we so desperately WANT to pay off, but keep struggling to even chip away at because of these damn unexpected expenses. I KNOW that by next year, if everything goes as planned, we will be out of debt or extremely close to being out of debt. I KNOW that we can do it, if only we can be allowed to put a little aside each paycheck!

Please, Fate; PLEASE. Just a little relief. Just a tiny break in the stupid situations that cost so much money. I know we've got it better than many people do. We've a home, healthy family, and prospects for the future. I know I'm being greedy here. But I still have to put it out there. One can't receive if one doesn't ask, right?

13 comments:

Joy said...

((hugs)) I wish you good luck with those capricious fates.

Kristin said...

Fate has been kicking butt over here too. I have been playing the whole "2 more weeks and things will be better" game also. I have faith that things will actually be better for both of us soon. If you get a positive response from fate let me know. In the meantime hang in there.

*~(boom)~* said...

I don't think it's greedy to want the best for your family...to be able to live comfortably.

I am wishing you and your family the very best.

Unknown said...

FATE is a mother f&^%er

Gettysburg Mom said...

Craig's List. You and a fridge could work something out for the short term for $50. If that's not possible, because dear God, I know that some days that's not possible- post a wanted listing on Freecycle.

Good luck lady. See that light at the end of the tunnel? Because it's there. You just have to squint a lot to see it.

Melissa N. said...

Believe for it! It will happen! Hang in there!

Eliza said...

This is totally silly, but I do believe it....Mercury is in retrograde and that's why appliances fritz out and weird stuff happens. Hang in there!

Emily said...

I am so with you. We can't save or keep money, it's always something! Wish a good fate would swing my way too!

Fairly Odd Mother said...

Hoping things go well for you too! Sending "get well soon" vibes to your fridge.

Leah said...

I hope your fridge holds out a bit longer. It sucks when everything seems to go wrong at the same times!

Doll Clothes Gal Pal said...

I said a little prayer for you dear... just to ease things up. ;)

Stacia said...

Crossing my fingers for an expense-free September and a whopper of a Craigslist deal! Hang in there, friend.

Tonya said...

not sure if whirlpool makes fridges but I heard that all their products are going on sale (20% off) Sept 1st through the 6th at Abt. You might want to call and check it out!

Related Posts with Thumbnails