Sunday, January 03, 2010

Ringing in the New Year with a Bang!

Wheeze... Hack... sniffle...

Don't get too close to my blog. I think I'm still contagious. Ugh....

I'd love to leave you with one of my many, MANY posts that have been started but left unfinished due to parental and seasonal duties, but this cold is knocking me down right now. I just managed to run the dishwasher and scrub 3 pans. Basically, the equivalent of washing just the tips of a small boy's muddy fingers and saying "Clean enough!"

Ugh.

I have been able to still my brain's throbbing long enough to jump head-first into my lovely piles of new watercolors, brushes and paper. I have never really allowed myself to experiment with that medium and since I'm such a tightwad, I never indulge in supplies for myself. Thankfully, I got ample goods from both my mother-in-law and my parents so I don't feel like I'm "wasting" my paints on paintings that I'm not 100% thrilled with. Instead, I'm ok with the results and remembering that it's not just the finished product that makes art enjoyable; it's the process.

Hacking so hard while I typed that that my stomach is sore... Better than sit-ups!

Peace out.

10 comments:

Kamis Khlopchyk said...

Get better soon! Sounds bloody awful. I am due to get a nice lovely sinus cold, it's been awhile. Thanks for sharing your germs, I might as well get it over with ;)

Beck said...

I'm not feeling too great right now EITHER. Grand! Last day of the holidays!
Get better. And happy new year!

Yellow Beads said...

oh no, feel better soon!!

mep said...

I too am a hacking, sniffling, congested, energy-depleted mom, wife, and blogger . . . surrounded by messes everywhere! Hoping we both kick this ick soon!

Post photos of some of your watercolors -- please.

Daisygirl said...

not a great way to start the new year...but Im right with ya! Stupid head cold/sinus crap!
Hope you get better soon..I love theraflu and tylenol severe cold!

CaraBee said...

I'm finally recovering from my third sinus infection of the year. This sh*t is getting old. Can I just have my sinuses removed?

Glad you're getting into some painting. It's supposed to be a peaceful and regenerative activity. Can't wait to see some of your masterpieces!

the mama bird diaries said...

Feel better soon! healing vibes coming your way.

anymommy said...

Feel better! Heal! Be well! And post one of your pictures ... I want to see?!

Babe in Babeland said...

NO FUN. I hope you feel better soon!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! It can only get BETTER.

Kristi said...

Feel better soon, and when you do, share those paintings with us!

Related Posts with Thumbnails