Saturday, September 12, 2009

Gone fishing, Eh?

A week of no husband... Sigh. He's with his dad for the week which is loads of fun for him. For the rest of us? Not so much. It could be worse. So, so much worse. He could be gone for longer or not coming back...

But still? Still it kind of stinks to be without him for so long.

And so I begin this strange, brief journey through single parenthood. I've done it before and it's always an adjustment to the psyche. In every shred of my life, no matter how little Patrick is physically available, he is present. But when he's in a cabin in remote Canada, with no cell coverage? Then I am on my own.

Sigh.... At least there'll be lots of fish to eat when he returns. Until then, I'll follow the fortunes in my Dove mini chocolate caramel:

"In chaos there lies opportunity"

"Believe the best in yourself."

"Let chocolate warm your soul." (ABSOLUTELY. No problem.)

"Be a good listener to your friends."

"Remember your first best friend."

"The most enjoyable experiences are often free."

What? So I've had a bunch of chocolates on a lonely Saturday night. What of it?
Post a Comment
Related Posts with Thumbnails