Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Tuesday Sunrise *

I wonder how many posts I have written in the wee hours? When Patrick is working and I have insomnia... When the kids are asleep and the cats are prowling... When my eyes are heavy but my mind can't halt activity...

Far too many posts.

Yawwwwnnnn.... (literally)
~~
I sent off a late wedding RSVP yesterday without finding a sitter first. I then began making sitter calls and I am having a hard time finding someone! Crap. Still have Patrick's family to call, otherwise I get to make a really ridiculous phone call, "Hey, I know I said we could come and I replied 5 days late, but now I have to cancel. Have fun with the seating charts!" Considerate and classy. That'd be me.

~~

I just got paged by my middle kid. He awoke to realize I wasn't in bed and rather than check the obvious location at 5 am (computer desk) he simply laid in bed, calling for me.

"Mama?"

"What?" whispered shout.

pause...

"MAMAAA?!?"

"WHAT?!?" hissed and aggravated shout because I do NOT want 3 awake children right now. I have been up since 2 am, kiddo!

pause...

"Never mind."

Just looking for me. Just wanting to know where I am. Sigh... He is sweet. Attached to his family, unbelievably tight. And I? I am simply too tired to make any tender or witty observations regarding that trait. Honestly, I am beyond exhausted. Being tired like this is.... tiring. When you are finally ready to fall back asleep as the sun is rising? That SUCKS.

~~
*Doesn't that sound like a mixed drink? Or a stripper's name? "I'll have another Tuesday** Sunrise, please. On the rocks." or "Hey baby. I'm Tuesday. Tuesday SUNrise..."

**Ever notice how strange the word "Tuesday" is? No wonder our kids have such a hard time learning to spell! Couldn't we pick 1 language to pull words from and stick with it?

15 comments:

sheila said...

These were all really enjoyable little posts. I like the calling you one...lol. Mine do the same thing. Sign of the times?

Kristin said...

I am a bit of an insomniac myself and enjoy reading these posts. I had to giggle my son does the same thing when he wakes up at night. I love the yell in a whisper that I have mastered over the years.

Kristabella said...

Dude, insomnia sucks. I battled it a few years ago where I somehow survived on three hours a sleep a night for like a year.

But I'm the opposite of you and stay in bed and force myself to try to sleep, which we all know doesn't work. At least you get things accomplished.

Wednesday is weirder than Tuesday.

Lis Garrett said...

My kids are CONSTANTLY calling me (and my husband wonders why I have a headache every evening).

I'm an early riser naturally, but I've never suffered insomnia. Hugs to you . . .

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

ACtually, I stayed in bed watching weird documentaries on sex in the ancient world for 3 hours. I then gave up and went downstairs...

Debbie said...

Argh. Insomnia. I'm sorry.

Hannah said...

I wish you didn't have insomnia, because it can't be much fun for you, but I really love your insomniac posts!! ;-)

I just did the same thing with a wedding RSVP ... I haven't tried to find a babysitter yet but I know it will be hard because my parents, sister, the boys' godparents and most of our other friends have ALSO been invited! EEK! Hope you find a sitter soon.

JC said...

I had to double check to make sure it wasn't Tequila Sunrise when I first saw it!

Hope the insomnia goes away. It does suck to start off the day exhausted.

stephanie said...

ok girls everyone seems to just be trying to sell you a product or service today,but I gota share my good news with other moms.... for real online work from home programs you can go to http://www.haveyoubeenlaidofflikeme.blogspot.com or http://www.showmehowtomakemoneyathome.blogspot.com or http://www.thelegitonlinejobss.blogspot.com (this one was featured on Oprah a year ago)
i do not own or operate these blogs but i have used their reviews and advice and i make almost 600 a week for the past 3 weeks at home and online while able to be with my little ones... good luck ladies

Unknown said...

Is that the wedding on the 22nd? I'm sure you'll find someone by then.

mep said...

It's Tuesday sunset here, and my little one will not give up the fight and go to bed. He is SO tired.

I'm ready for a double Tuesday Sunrise on the rocks.

Sophie, Inzaburbs said...

OK, you just reminded me it is 1.52am and time for bed.
I sympathize with you on all fronts! I was reduced to calling a random sitter from the personals recently. Thankfully, it worked :-)

Tania @ Larger Family Life said...

Tuesday Sunrise. Yep, it does sound like a stripper name lol!

Elisa @ Globetrotting in Heels said...

I don't know babe, I always found Wednesday to be the weirdest one.

As for the attachment thing... Stella has that it's lovely. And annoying. And adorable. And a pain in the butt.

CaraBee said...

I've been having terrible insomnia lately. I really, really hate it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails