Tuesday, March 03, 2009

A new rhythm

Ba-dum. Ba-dum. Ba-da-da-da-da-dum.

That? Is an irregular heartbeat.

That? Is my world right now.

He's home, but it's not a weekend. It's not vacation. This isn't "fun time." Soooo... what exactly IS this rhythm we're in? This is the waiting time, isn't it? Wait and see. Wait and see. Hurry up and wait and see...

I can't quite capture the mood of the house. We aren't upset or depressed or floundering... yet.
We are focusing on the possibility of his interview from YESTERDAY (can you believe that?) being the silver lining on this turn of events. That we will find ourselves in a position where he is receiving TWO paychecks for a few weeks instead of the alternative which shall not be named on this blog...

Oh, and the third strike from this weekend? Our tv officially died. This time, to the point that Patrick can't jerry-rig it. Nice, right? At least all of the problems are fixable. A tv is expendable. A job is replacable. A basement can be cleaned. But people are a little more delicate than electronics and cardboard boxes...

My family is healthy and happy. If I focus on the "Now" that we are living, it isn't horrible. In fact, other than the 3 inconveniences I mentioned (love the downplay, don't you?) life is pretty good: Patrick and I are relaxed and united. Justin has been slowly adjusting to the new methods of accepting responsibility. Evan isn't fighting with his best friend anymore. And Corinne has been her usual cheerful, adorable self. It's a freakin love-fest over here! Whooot.....

Aren't we all glad that this is happening NOW, when I'm not in the midst of a gloom and doom mood? A month ago, this would not have been a pretty picture...
~~~~~~~~
I'll leave you with a photo op. Justin wanted a picture of himself and Evan together. I thought, "Awww! How sweet! He wants a picture of them hugging!"

Yeah. No. He told me later on that he was squeezing Evan's neck and stomach and wanted a picture of THAT. Nice...

Unfortunately for him, Corinne was NOT being left out of the pictures...
Twister from the basement which had been forgotten about until the water altered what were upstairs toys and what were downstairs toys... Also, the big one is still banned from electronics, so board games and card games are BIG around here. (Maybe it's a blessing that the tv is broken???)
Notice the younger brother being squashed by the older brother behind the girl with the tongue fetish?

Shoot. If only THEY could have controlled themselves! She was nowhere near the shot...

Such a shy girl.

I finally just edited her out of a picture. It looks sweet, doesn't it? Justin told me that he was using a wrestling move on him.... BOYS!

14 comments:

Leah said...

Boys will be boys.
At least your oldest is using his little brother for wrestling practice, my older brothers used to use me!

Jane of Seagull Fountain said...

My oldest does the exact same thing when I'm trying to get a picture of her sisters.

Glad you guys are being such an awesome team! (And good luck on that interview. Fingers crossed!)

Gettysburg Mom said...

Atlee always seems to be in at least the corner of the shot. Glad you're able to see the silver linings!

I know that feeling of a husband underfoot. When Rich is between jobs, he's lurking around the house. I end up being forced into doing housework because he's on the computer, the TV, or doing my crossword puzzle. Underfoot, I tell ya!

Tonya said...

Evan doesn't look like he is being hurt. Don't tell Justin that otherwise he might try and hurt him! Glad you are able to focus on the good. Also I'm glad you guys like the video of Peanut. I thought for sure she was going to stop once I got the video recorder out but to my delight she didn't! So silly that one ;)

Kamis Khlopchyk said...

They really do look like they are hugging....maybe his moves aren't as ferocious as he thinks ;-)

And Corrine cracked me up! What a kid :)

Anonymous said...

Love the photos! The kids look happy ... and I think having kids around certainly puts things in perspective. I've found that with mine, when things are tough. They can brighten any day!

Wishing Patrick good luck for the interview!

the mama bird diaries said...

Did you just say - you don't have a TV right now?

anymommy said...

Everything is crossed for P and his interview. We just went through this same weird off-balance time. It took Matt four weeks to start a new job. It was fun to have him home, but it also threw off our routine horribly at times. We fought just by virtue of being in the same space.

love the pictures!

Kristi said...

Fingers crossed here for a positive outcome from the interview. I'm glad to read you've found the silver lining. I knew you would.

And those photos: very cute and very real!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you 'caught' the week I had last week. lol. Good luck, hope it all turns around quick!

Beck said...

Praying that he gets the job!
And what is it about little sisters and their NEED to be in every picture? It's hilarious!

Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

Thinking of you guys Tracey. I understand what you are going through. Glad you are in a good state of mind, that really helps!
And my daughter won't stay out the pictures either!

Anonymous said...

I hope all goes well with Patrick's interview. :-)

Your kids are hilarious! ;-)

Melissa said...

Kids are fun... I have found it necessary to repeat that line to myself at least 100 times a day... at least. :)

Hugs to you and fingers crossed that the interview went well and you will hear good news SOON!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails