Friday, February 27, 2009

In the blink of an eye

Just like that, your priorities change and your life takes on a new direction...

I didn't need to learn empathy this way. I already cut every corner I possibly can. So when Patrick called to tell me the news that his position was eliminated, I lost it.

Just moments ago, my family fell victim to the shithole that is the recession. Instantly, my priorities shifted and I began to wonder how I could begin to pull together a few bucks to carry us forward instead of falling behind...

We have very little savings.

We have average debts.

And we have 3 kids that need to be fed every once in a while...

Please don't let anyone get sick.

Please let Patrick find a new job... Can he start right in on the real estate, full-time?

Can I find someone to babysit? A playmate might be good for Corinne, anyway...

As a person who really, REALLY needs security in her life, I was already a nervous wreck as we lived from paycheck to paycheck. I honestly don't know how I'm going to stay strong for my family...

But the one thing I CAN do to make my family ease into this new situation is to provide a clean space to relax in. I am off to put all the laundry away and cook something moderately healthy for dinner. I know my husband and his ability to impress people. He is the best worker and most personable man I have ever met. He WILL find a job. I just hope it's before I have a nervous breakdown...
Post a Comment
Related Posts with Thumbnails