Saturday, February 07, 2009

The countdown has begun

The pre-teen boys will be landing at Casa de Our House in 2.5 hours. I have these last moments to go over my checklist of Necessary Requirements for a successful sleepover.


Skittles? Check.

M&M's? Check.

Ridiculous amounts of CAFFEINE FREE pop so that they can create suicides the likes of which you don't want to imagine? Check.

Ice cream and lots of toppings for a sundae bar? Check.

Ginormous pizzas to pop in at 6:45? Check.

Chocolate chip cookies instead of birthday cake for a picky boy who doesn't like birthday cake? Check.

Age appropriate movies that won't embarrass my (almost) 10 year old boy? Check.

Child 3 of 3 on her way to Nana's house for a special sleepover of her own? Check.

Child 2 of 3 almost ready to head to neighbor's house for his very first friend sleepover? Check.


Psychologically prepared for my baaaabeeeeeey to turn 10? getting there....



I was rockin those overalls, eh?

17 comments:

Kathy's Korner said...

10 is HARD! Isn't it???

My son went ahead and had his 10th birthday last October....I've mostly adjusted.

My husband DID catch me writing the incorrect age when signing him up for a wrestling match however...it was a subconscious move I swear!

Kathy said...

My oldest didn't like cake for the longest time. We got her a giant cookie for her birthday in college because she didn't like cake. However, by the time she got married, she liked cake!

mamatucci said...

Good luck and most of all have fun!

Anonymous said...

It sure sounds like a FUN sleepover - I hope they have a great time! And in just over 3 years, I'll be coming to you for advice on how to deal with my firstborn turning 10. Good luck!

Tonya said...

oh my goodness what a cute picture of the two of you guys. Happy Birthday Justin. Big double digits!

coreymom40 said...

NO, my son doesn't get 10....noo way.
Was there atleast one glass of wine for you?

Vodka Mom said...

wait- did I see vodka on the list?

I have a feeling you are going to need it.

Kristi said...

Great photo. And wow-10 years of motherhood? Congrats, supermom.

Momma@Live. Laugh. Pull your hair out said...

((hugs)) I am having a hard enough time with my oldest turning 7 next week...I cant imagine when he is 10!

Heather of the EO said...

SERIOUSLY rockin' the overalls. Seriously.

TEN? sigh...

CaraBee said...

I hope it wasn't too traumatic! In my family, 10 was a big deal. It was when the girls, which is all there were, got to get their ears pierced. We were officially "young women" at that age. I plan to do the same thing when my girl gets there. Which makes me happy and sad, because I know it will be here, like, tomorrow.

anymommy said...

You are the funnest, bestest mom ever, seriously. I love that picture. And, now I'm going to sit in a corner and sob about a birthday that is seven years and one eye blink away.

Gettysburg Mom said...

Hello? Hello? Are you still there? Did you survive?

I myself had a pair of rocking overalls. I guess my aunt thought they weren't too rocking, since she expressed some concern that I might wear them on my wedding day.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that pic! You look so young! I mean, duh, you look the same only younger. Never mind, you know what I mean. 10 is fun! Hope he had a wonderful time! And how nice of you to ship the others to the neighbors! I bet he appreciated that one!

Anonymous said...

The overalls really make that picture, I think. ; ) Happy Birthday to your not so little man!

Melissa said...

I agree... 10 is HARD!! I am still struggling and our day was over a month ago.
Sounds like a great party though :)

Michelle said...

oh my goodness- double digits?! Yikes! Happy 10th to your first born!

Related Posts with Thumbnails