Sunday, December 07, 2008

'Round and 'Round


She repeats this mantra in her brain... don't try to write as well as she does. Write as well as YOU CAN. Don't fret over someone else's talent. There is an unlimited amount of talent in the world and some one else possessing it doesn't discount your own. Have a little confidence that you ARE worthy of that opportunity! And remember that privileges received without any sweat and heartache don't feel quite as sweet...

Like a broken record, this refrain spins 'round and 'round her mind. Self-doubt is a daily visitor who must constantly be shown to the door...

7 comments:

MarĂ­a said...

I do it too. And I have to do the same.

Marie said...

I'm not sure where you are going with this, but it was really well written. I know that only because when I finished reading it, I thought immediately "Where's the rest of this story?" It grabbed.

Writing a book?

Kamis Khlopchyk said...

Good pep talk Tracey! You are an amazing writer...don't doubt yourself!

OHmommy said...

LOVED this Tracey!

Anonymous said...

Oh don't sell yourself short. I often think the same when visiting your blog.

Nice pic in the post after your hangover post! lol. How's the head /stomach today?

Tonya said...

hmm who are you talking too? Great post!

Ann Imig said...

Oh yes, I'm oh-so familiar with this sad little mantra. Thanks for visiting my blog. Looks like you have a great thing going here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails