Sunday, September 14, 2008

The sky is crying... and so am I...

My nose is dripping
almost as fast as the rain is falling
and the
throbbing
pounding
kettle drums in my head
compete for my attention with
the firey ache in my shoulders...
each nerve screeches with every twist of my head.

Still? I forge on.
Alone
for the torrential downpour of these last few days
has delayed my beloved's return.
The Dayquil has been chugged.
The children are dressed with raincoats lined up,
for today is an outing day.
Pray for me
that I don't strangle any whiners in the van
or abandon my driver's seat
to yell at an inconsiderate driver...

Oh Lordy, I am in misery over here...

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh no, Tracey! Feel better soon!

Kelli @ writing the waves said...

I'm so sorry! I hope your hubby gets home soon and you can have some down time.

Melissa said...

I'm sorry you're so miserable right now... I hope things get better soon!

Hannah said...

Oh Tracey, I'm sorry to hear this! I hope you feel better soon. Saying a little prayer now.

anymommy said...

Ack. The misery. I hope you feel better and he gets home soon!

Tonya said...

Tracey I hope that day got better for you! I am completely tired from today...is it bedtime yet?

Green-Eyed Momster said...

Want some company?

You can yell at me if you want to!!

Anything to make you feel better!!

BIG Hugs!!

xo

Not Your Regular Mini Van Mom said...

Yikes, I hope you feel better soon! I also hope your hubby gets home soon...it sounds like you need a nice bubble bath:)

CaraBee said...

What a horrid day to spend a day. Feel better!

Tricia said...

Ugh!

Related Posts with Thumbnails