Thursday, August 14, 2008

Totally random summertime pictures with no rhyme or reason or really intelligent captions but my kids are cute so please look anyway...


Proof that I DID exist this summer!! I am IN a photo. Of course, I do believe I handed the camera to Patrick and asked him to take it, so I guess it's not truly a "candid" shot, is it?
Anyway. We were having s'mores around our firepit and just having a really lovely evening... One of those simple memories, and definitely something to check off of the kids' summer list.

WHAT a goofball! Can you see her cute crown?
We hit a parade and fair recently. The parade was sporadic and all of the candy throwers were OUT of candy by the time they got to our section. Also? I didn't realize it before, but just about every other person in that town is a smoker. That in itself will probably keep me from returning to that fair. Especially when your daughter's face is perfectly leveled for their burning ashes...
The fact that Justin fed an animal is pretty amazing. He isn't what you'd call an animal freak. Much more content to look at them from behind the fence, rather than risk having an allergic reaction. But even he was laughing at the goats and chickens at the petting zoo...
Imagine her squeaky voice singing about princesses and something "bootiful" and you'd be spot on about what she was doing at the lake...
"My first concert, Mommy!"

Playing vampire bats at the pool...
That's just, well, weird. My kid is weird on the bouncy jumpy thingy...

Brilliant post, eh?!? Made you thrilled you clicked over, right? RIIiiiigggghhhtt??!?!?

That is the extent of my brain's capacity today. All I wrap my head around is the fact that we have to go pick up the school supply boxes from the school today. Which means that I will officially have a fourth and first grader in 1 week. Which means I will be thrilled and sad simultaneously, so I need to make the most of the rest of these last 7 days...

Adios.

12 comments:

Becky said...

I can't believe that summer is almost over! It's practically impossible for me to be in pictures as well because nobody else ever has a camera!
:) Becky
http://www.stinkylemsky.typepad.com/

Gucci Mama said...

I'm usually the face behind the camera as well...but I tend to like it that way. Glad you made it into at least one;)
Have a great last week of summer! It always passes too quickly...

Type (little) a aka Michele said...

S'mores! Tiaras! Vampire Bats! I love it.

And I really, really love Justin's hair.

Damselfly said...

Day-um, you're right -- they're really cute!

Damselfly said...

Day-um, you're right -- they're really cute!

Michelle said...

what great summertime memories - you guys have had a fun summer!

Kailani said...

I love the photo of all the kids with their towels! What a great shot!

Kailani said...

I love the photo of all the kids with their towels! What a great shot!

Kailani
An Island Life

Unknown said...

I always love looking at photos, because your family is so REAL - you truly look as though you have nothing but a good time. :-)

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Oh yeah, Lis. Nothing but roses and sunshine over here. :)

Melissa said...

Love the pictures! I don't know if I have any photos of myself from this summer... does that mean I wasn't here? Hmmm....

Marie said...

Awesome pictures!! but thanks for that explanation on who the woman was, I didn't know if a stranger was sitting at your campfire!! ;-)

When I hand the camera off to my husband i get one or two pics I can use, but then fifty thousand of close ups of my nose and ear and stuff. He LIKES close ups!

And I thought that was a hammock until I read the caption. Interesting angle!

Related Posts with Thumbnails