Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Oh! Be still my heart...

My heart can't take this sweet, sweet sorrow from my 5 year old...

A few moments ago, I was browsing on the net (and NO. My dishes aren't done. Get off my BACK, would you?) while Evan watched the remainder of "The Little Mermaid" that Corinne had put in before her nap. I heard the ending credits running and then Evan's little feet padding into the computer room. Looking up, I saw huge tears in his chocolate brown eyes and heard the sniffling of his nose.

"Baby! What's wrong?" I asked, as I gathered him into my arms. (I had a feeling, but waited for the answer).

"It's just that the ending was really sad! Ariel got turned into a human and had to leave her Daddy and home... Why did he do that?" tears are running down his cheeks by now...

I consoled him best as I could, and explained that they could still see each other on a boat and Ariel could visit in a swimming suit, but her Daddy loved her so much that he was willing to be sad without her in order to make her happy.

Awwwwww..... Right? He gets so heartbroken over the idea of growing up and leaving home (as do I!). Some songs, like "You are my Sunshine" make him start to cry when he thinks about being "taken away" from us!

I know! He's so sensitive and sweet (when he's not mauling or headbutting you). Rips your heart out...

That said, we are going to watch Toy Story and cuddle. A busy day, when you consider we spent an hour, an HOUR! at the park after kindergarten!!!! Spring! Bring! It! On!
Post a Comment
Related Posts with Thumbnails