Saturday, March 22, 2008

Cookies

I rarely do reviews of children's products mainly because, well, nobody pays me to! But I have thought, on occasion, that some of the items that make their way into my home are worthy of a mention to other people. Hence, the blog! A great way to pass the word, eh? I know, I know... I'm slow to the game.

Anywho!!

I have been looking for a book for my baby nephew's baptism that is coming up in a few weeks. (I'm to be his Godmother! Isn't that awesome?) I wanted a book that was not too religious or preachy (as that is NOT who I am), tender and inspiring and definitely readable to a young child. I was getting very discouraged until I stumbled upon a book today, called "Cookies: Bite-Size Life Lessons" by Amy Krouse Rosenthal, illustrated by Jane Dyer.

This book is simply edible, it's that sweet! Love it! I read through it at the store, briefly, and was captivated by the beautiful drawings and sweet messages on every page. It describes life etiquette lessons and how to be a good person in a loving and simple way. It's perfect for my nephew, and so adorable that I am actually thinking of buying another for my own children, especially after reading it all the way through at home (and I hate paying full price for a children's book. I like it that much!)

So. My first recommendation of a children's item has definitely received full marks from me!
Post a Comment
Related Posts with Thumbnails