Friday, February 15, 2008

Lots of tidbits...

So much to say!

First, I was in serious Panic Mode all day today, for when I went to turn on my trusty old 'puter I got... blank screen. AAAaahhh!!!! I freaked, to put it bluntly. So, all day long I was stressing about the information that isn't backed up (how DO you back stuff up, anyway?) and the files we would lose (thousands of pictures!). Patrick came home with Subway for dinner (Justin's birthday dinner!), sat at the computer for 30 seconds and figured out the problem.

The problem? I have a 2 year old who likes to play with the contrast button.
At least it didn't cost us a dime....
~~~
Second, what a thrill to come back after being deprived of my internet (preeeshuuuussssss) and saw 39 comments telling me how gorgeous and wonderful I am.
Well.
I am humbled and thankful for the compliments, truly. My hope is that someone else will be inspired to grow their hair just a bit longer next time before getting that new hairdo...
~~~
Third, my baby is 9! Holy Shit. Time, she is slipping away.... He brought the homemade cookies that I made yesterday (long story, lots of problems including baaaaarely enough butter). I bagged and tagged and stapled 26 cookies last night.

Aaaannnddd, he came home with 26 cookies. Yeaaahhh... they aren't allowed to bring bagged cookies in, after all. Sigh... I understand, I do, but I was misinformed by a certain boy of about 54" that he could bring in cookies as long as they were sent home in baggies. So, we now have WAY too many tasty chocolate chip cookies in the house...

Meeting Justin...

I spent a good 45 minutes today drifting down memory lane as I looked at the photos from 9 years ago. He was so tiny, so vulnerable... Now? Now he's nearly as tall as I am, strong, brilliant, and loving. I am so blessed to have him for my son.


Yes, he is in a baseball glove...

~~~
And lastly, but most definitely not least, I am deeply saddened by the tragic shootings at NIU yesterday... My heart to the families that are affected... Living in Chicagoland, NIU is a close school. My sister attended it, we have family that works there... It is dumbfounding to me that there are SO many people that are capable of this kind of violence.

No words to truly convey my sympathies and grief...

AGAIN with the poor spacing problems, Blogger? Oy....

Post a Comment
Related Posts with Thumbnails