Thursday, July 05, 2007

A Quickie

This has to be fast as I SWORE to myself I'd be scrubbing the toilets today (TMI? Well, they're GROSS. 2 boys. Nuff said).

Yesterday was AWESOME. Beautiful weather. Well behaved kids. Great food. Family all around. Lots of conversation, lots of relaxing. Kids jumping in and out of the pool to the slip n slide to the swings and back to the pool, then for a piece of cake, back to the pool, chasing each other around, dancing, throwing water, laughing... A GREAT DAY.

We hit the big fireworks show afterwards. My eldest niece (who turned 7 that day!) hates fireworks and decided to stay home with Nana. We went with my sister and her younger daughter and some friends of theirs. The babies danced and jumped over the marker tape (gotta hold your spot, apparently). We got glow sticks that became dangerous weapons. Justin spilled pop all over his pizza but Daddy saved the day by buying another piece. The weather was perfect and NEVER rained (the meteorologists around here have been TOTALLY off lately). And my baby girl loved the fireworks! She went with me and the boys last year, but was so little, that she watched for a minute and then nursed to sleep in the sling. This year, she ooohed and aaaahed and wowed all of the show. It was really cute. Evan got tired and fell asleep in the wagon on the walk back to the car, but it was much easier doing the walk back as Patrick got to go with me for the first time in about 5 years! Thanks to the new job, he doesn't need to wake up at 3 am anymore!! :)

I really enjoyed myself yesterday. A good memory day. And I have TONS of pasta salad to eat today, in between scrubbing toilets and laundry... still.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Sounds fantastic! We were so boring yesterday... my Little Bug is scared to death of fireworks. So, we didn't go see any. And it's illegal to light even a sparkler. Too dry and the wildfire season has come early to California... glad you had a good time!

Michelle said...

glad to hear you guys had such a great 4th!

Jamie said...

Sounds like a great day for your family.

Enjoy your pasta.. the toilets, not so much.

Life With All Boys said...

We ate leftovers today too. YAY!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails