Thursday, June 07, 2012

Few Things

There are few things more adorable than watching your puppy bounding alongside the lake shoreline, happily chasing ducks from the banks, darting after fish in the shallows and futilely jumping after dragonflies that continually remain just out of reach. The yipping, the jumping, the frollicking! The splashing in the mud and bounding into the water! Such fun, right?

I'm sure that there are very very few things more disgusting than having to remove not one but TWO dead and rotting, headless fish from said adorable puppy's mouth alongside that idyllic shoreline. The shrieking! The gagging! The texture that is a putrified bluegill!

I am seriously rethinking our future hiking paths...
Photo credit: Corinne, age 6


8 comments:

Eddie said...

Oh yeah. Our dogs tag-team hunt at teh cottage and then take turns rolling in dead frog and perch and pike. The stench is unmistakeable! But they're just so happy!

Unknown said...

I once removed a rotting duck carcase from my dog's clenched jaw. Seven years later, I still gag at the thought.

Wireless Home Security systems said...

Interesting post. I have been wondering about this issue,so thanks for posting.

http://www.ea3ltd.com/

Deb said...

Oh man. that's gross. Both my kids woke up puking this morning and this story is not helping me with my gag reflex.

anymommy said...

Well, there is something more disgusting: puppy with giardia. Let me know when that happens, we can commiserate ;-)

Wireless Home Security systems said...

Thanks for the great post on your blog, it really gives me an insight on this topic.


[url=http://www.ea3ltd.com//]Wireless Home Security systems[/url]

Home Security systems said...

Thanks for the great post on your blog, it really gives me an insight on this topic.
[url=http://www.ea3ltd.com//]Home Security systems[/url]

Alarm Monitoring said...


The great post on your blog, it really gives me an insight on this topic.

Related Posts with Thumbnails