Tuesday, April 23, 2013

It's constant, this love...

Love isn't something you can place on a scale. It can't be measured in weight and levels. It can't be balanced or counted. I don't require an equal return on the investment in order for my love to grow. Love isn't a business plan to follow and chart. Love doesn't exist because of the math of the world...

Love is organic.

It grows in the most unusual situations. To thrive, love needs mess and dirt and grit and sand. It requires the heat of the Sun and the cold of the night.

Despite droughts or floods, or infestations of grasshoppers*, my love for you can survive.

It's your core that I love. The root and the base of your being is what is so beautiful about you: not the brightly colored petals of temporary blossoms. Not even the sturdiness of your leaves is what I love most about you. I love the solid beauty of the strength that you carry within yourself. I love the countless tiny threads that are woven together to create this amazingly complex design that is uniquely and completely You.

True love is found and survives where the roots are solidly planted. True love can exist on the smallest amount of fertilizer and water.

No matter the day or the mood or the light or the direction the wind is blowing; know that my love for you remains constant; know that it WILL remain constant...

Unless the grasshoppers get really, really bad... Then we might need to talk about an exterminator or something...

*holy hell, I hate grasshoppers....

2 comments:

tiarastantrums said...

"love" your metaphors

Brandie said...

<3

Related Posts with Thumbnails