Thursday, May 03, 2012

Yum at Bakersfield

 I love Blogging opportunities like this one. We were invited to the soft opening of Bakersfield restaurant in Westmont, IL, and we enjoyed Every. Single. Bite. Above, you'll see Corinne's eyes bugging out at the Crispy Thai Shrimp appetizer she ordered. It was SO flavorful and actually my favorite food of the entire night!
 Plus, getting out of the house a week before the LTYM show was a fabulous way to spend some time...
 Prime Rib Perfection with a baked potato to die for...
Me and Melisa getting our countdown on...
I love that my kids have FINALLY gotten interested in real food. This was Evan's appetizer of smoked salmon. It was a very large serving with a light but smoky flavor.
Oh. Mah. Gah. The Tuna Poke. MY appetizer and yum, yum, yummy. Again, a large serving with tons of tuna, shrimp and delicious mango.
We ordered the Tres Leches for dessert. The cake layer was super moist without being soggy, covered by a light and delicious whipped cream, fresh fruit and dreamy caramel. Mmmm.....

Their menu is one that I want to slowly work my way through.



*Disclosure: My family was invited to a complimentary meal at Bakersfield but I was not compensated for my review. All the opinions remain my own.

2 comments:

Mark said...

Man, that food has my eyes bugging out too! You got my attention with the baked potato but I'll keep coming back for that salmon.
m.

StephLove said...

What a pretty tres leches cake. That's my son's favorite. Thanks for dropping by my blog.

Related Posts with Thumbnails