Monday, April 27, 2009

A not-so-manic Monday...

Today has been lovely. I got my kitchen sink sparkling last night and I'll be damned but FlyLady actually had a point... My kitchen is still looking fairly kept up. Even after a day of excessive laundry and homeschooling. I may just have to check their site more regularly...

Speaking of which, um, wow. What a nice day! The boys got good chunks of work done, intelligent questions were asked and some hands-on activities has left me with dirt under my fingernails and a smile on my face as I listen to the very gentle April rain watering our seedlings.

Sadly, my blogging life is going to continue to change. The energy I used to use on my posts is now being spent on lesson-planning and encouraging a 7 year old to write a story. I know that we are in a transition stage and things will slowly settle into a new routine. But in the meantime, I am embarrassed by what I am posting. So goes life.

Monday afternoon and not a care in the world! No homework, no soccer, no plans for the evening. Just a long stretch of time in which to fold laundry, watch some Brothers and Sisters and ponder important questions.

Ahhhh....

~~~~
I did the March of Dimes walk yesterday. Thank you to everyone who donated! I had a good time, despite the weather, chatting with women I hadn't seen for years. This will definitely become a new tradition for me. It felt FABULOUS doing this walk!

You know, 6.2 miles doesn't sound long, when you say you're going on a walk-a-thon. It isn't THAT long, really. Especially when you're taking a leisurely stroll. But when there is a steady downpour, and you are power-walking the entire time? It's a bit long. Add to that the sporadic jogs after a child on a scooter (in the RAIN) and you will end up extremely wet and sore!

But it was worth it. Our team raised over $10,000 itself!! And some donations will continue to trickle in as company matches and late donations get tallied. As with any charity, there is never a time that you CAN'T donate. I highly recommend finding a cause you believe in and doing a walk. Even the smallest amounts make a huge impact.

~~~
I guess I could proofread this, but I am going to check out some fellow bloggers instead. Nothing like living on the edge, right? I hope that today brought you something unexpectedly sweet....

8 comments:

Kat said...

Wow! Great job on the walk. And in the rain! You go, girl! :)
Now enjoy your relaxing Monday! :)

Christina E. Pope said...

I am new to the blogging world and I just wanted to say hello and that I am enjoying your posts. I applaud you on the walk-a-thon. That is awesome and very inspiring!

Lisa @ Work at Home Mom Revolution said...

I live for the days when there's nothing on my schedule. Unfortunately, with two teens, those days don't happen very often.

sheila said...

Wow, homeschooling sounds like it's going great! Congrats! You're such a good mommy!

CaraBee said...

Way to go on doing the March of Dimes walk! 6.2 *is* a long way!

Gettysburg Mom said...

At least you are posting. I'm not home schooling and I still haven't posted anything in a week.

anymommy said...

That's awesome, although I'm sorry about the rain.

I think you're being too hard on your posts - I love just getting the update on your new homeschooling adventures, etc.

the mama bird diaries said...

That is awesome how much money you all raised.

Related Posts with Thumbnails